Charity Ride

Semiskimmed1976

Morning All!

For the last few years I was watching beyond boundries, where a group of people with various disabilities did a challenging trek crossing Nicaragua, Africa and the Andes over 3 series - not all at once! :)

I'm also wheelchair bound, and the programme inspired me to do something where I challenge myself beyond going to Tesco's once a week, but with a charity twist.

I'm a pretty fit guy, who plays a number of different sports, and my new obsession is hand cycling - i'm thinking of doing x amount of miles but it has to be a bit more extreme than going from lands end to john o'groats!

What do you guys think? Got any ideas of places from and too, doesn't have to be the UK - also, how does one setup something like this in terms of support, sponsorship, training...I know this is an AV forum :) but hey no harm in asking...maybe some of you cycling nuts can point me in the right direction!

Cheers,
Matt

mickstreet

Lands end to John O'Groats seems pretty extreme to me!! I've done quite a few charity runs / assault courses etc but nothing close to cycling the length of the country!
I suppose once you have the trip sorted contact the local newspaper to try and raise awareness, other than that I can't really help.
All I can say is good luck with whatever you decide to do!:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: REL T9/X Subwoofer + Bowers & Wilkins PI7 Reviews, AV Shows in a Pandemic and more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom