charging my htc desire without electric

Keithhampson

Novice Member
Hi I am going on a fishing trip soon for 4 days and I will need another way to charge my phone because we have no electric as were camping, so I was thinking about a wind up battery source or solar powered or maybe a rechargeable battery pack, a replacement battery is not really an option because I will need 3 batteries to last me, what are my options?

keith

RobM

Distinguished Member
Ignore the fact it's a Desire HD and you have loads of options. I say that as if you're just searching for Desire HD products you wont find much.

But search for 'Mobile solar charger' or 'mobile windup charger' or even 'mobile external battery pack' and you'll find loads.

[email protected]

If you are going out camping in the UK at this time of year I would give the solar-powered ones a miss. And frankly I would suggest switching to a different phone like an old Sony Ericsson or similar for the trip because they last quite a few days on standby. Big screen smartphones like the Desire or iPhone are just too thirsty -you'd need a separate back-up battery pack for every day, just about. Or you'd spend more time winding than fishing.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom