1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Charging HD3 thru USB

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by pagoda, Jul 27, 2005.

1. pagoda

pagoda

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was wondering if the NW-HD3 actually charges thru USB when the power line is not connected.

With the power line connected, the red LED charging light on the base turns off when charging is complete. However, with only the USB cable connected, the LED never seems to go off.

How should we know when USB charging is complete?

2. kwbarrett

kwbarrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes the HD3 charges via USB. It's a little confusing because the screen is telling you to connect the AC adapter. It is charging though. I do it regularly at work. I don't want to carry the adapter with me to and from work everyday.

3. sbradnam

sbradnam
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Yes it does charge thru USB. I use this when traveling, as I leave adapter at home. Hope this helps.

SB

4. pagoda

pagoda

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the responses; glad to know that it actually charges through the USB.

However, I was also wondering if there was any indication when charging is complete thru USB (i.e., does the red LED turn off?)