1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Charging a Pronto

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by dUnKle, Aug 10, 2004.

1. dUnKle

dUnKle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,460
    Got a pronto few years ago but for the last 8 months or so it was not used (bit too Girlfriend unfriendly) but now we decided to give it another go

Pulled it out of the drawer, brushed off the dust got the docking station and slipped in the rechargable battery

The light was on on the docking station and once I placed the remote on it the light went off - have left it couple of hours but nothing happens - the light is still off and the remote has no life.

Is all this normal? Its been so long I can not remember what to expect - I always thought the light should be on when charging and then go off when full

2. dUnKle

dUnKle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,460
    well I left it overnight and nothing happens

any ideas what could be wrong

3. siy

siy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Duncan - I think the batteries are renowned for diying. May be worth getting a new battery for it. Also , I believe that as its a known fault, at some point philips were replacing them for free