• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Charger Install - How long do they have the power off

nheather

Distinguished Member
Just found out that my wife has arranged for a charger install this Friday - she's aright jack because she is a teacher so at school.

But my son, my daughter and me are all working from home across VPN.

Usual, big slot, no idea when they are coming so difficult to plan for that.

Most impacted is my daughter who recently started her job after graduation, just finishing the boot camp and has to give a presentation to senior members of the company.

So wondering just how long they have the power off - because whilst they do the three of us are cut off from work.

Cheers,

Nigel

IronGiant

I'd say about 45 minutes ?

outoftheknow

I’d suggest your daughter tests a hotspot from a phone so she doesn’t miss presenting in her new job. If the timing can be the worst possible, it will be!!

LV426

Administrator
Staff member
I seem to recall in my case, it was only a few (maybe 20) minutes. Most of the work was done first, with the power off only while he finally connected his (completed) installation to the incoming.

But - as regards the homeworkers - what would they do in the event of a power cut? They can and do happen. Whatever the answer to that is - the same applies here whether it be (as suggested) using a mobile hotspot or simply reporting to the employer there was a power cut (no need for more explanation).

nheather

Distinguished Member
But - as regards the homeworkers - what would they do in the event of a power cut? They can and do happen. Whatever the answer to that is - the same applies here whether it be (as suggested) using a mobile hotspot or simply reporting to the employer there was a power cut (no need for more explanation).

Agreed, the difference is something happening that is out of your control and something that is happening that is within your control.

Normally we manage, it’s just really unfortunate timing with my daughter, any other day would not have been an issue.

Anyway, my wife is calling them today to get some better idea of times and durations and rearrange if necessary.

Cheers,

Nigel

nheather

Distinguished Member
All done.

The installer arranged to start at 8am, and was finished by 9:15am. The power was off for about 15 minutes so minimal disruption.

Cheers,

Nigel

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom