Charged for box office?

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by bob1, Mar 28, 2006.

1. bob1

bob1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +133
    I got a statement off sky the other day ,the first one i ever got ,anyway it said i watched a football match on saturday which they charged me £15 for.I rang them up to say i never booked or watched this infact i have never watched anything on box office.The woman said you or someone had watched this ,i said that the sky box wasn't even connected to the phone line and hadn't been for over a year ,she then paused for a bit and said ahh yes that was booked over the phone but i can tell you veiwed it.Ok i was getting a bit mad by this point ,how can you tell this then, my box is not connected to the phone line and my dish can't transmit to the satellite are you just making this up.I then asked if i would still be charged for this and she said yes you watched it, at this point i said ok i want to cancel my subscription,she then said she would pass me onto someone else ,10 minutes later she came back on and said she was no gong to put somone else on.I went on to tell him the same and he said the best he could do was remove the £15 fee ,i said fair enough but i told him i wasn't happy that someone had booked this using my details so he then put a block on all the boxoffice type stuff and put a pass word on as well.
    I still don't think he believed me after i put the phone down,best thing about it i don't even like football.

2. Heinz

Heinz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Who won the match?

3. Knyght_byte

Knyght_byte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +600

:D :rotfl:

4. the whistler

the whistler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +133
    Log on to bt.com and check your phone calls for the date in question. Then send Sky a copy.

5. bob1

bob1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +133
    They went and charged me for this to day, i'm going to ring up and give them 5days to refund me or i'm going to cancel.

6. hammer man

hammer man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,760
    Yeah, but seriously now,who won the match !!!!!!

7. bob1

bob1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +133
    :boring:

I bet is was the team that put the bag of wind in the other teams net the most times.

I rang them up, it seems i'm £15 in credit and will only pay £6 next month:rolleyes: ,that seems little good to me as i'm £15 missing from my bank account .I have asked for conformation of this on paper before next month or the direct debit will be canceled and they can chase me for money:devil: .

8. wormvortex

wormvortex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +443
    what u gonna do if you threaten to cancel and they say, fine.

Switch to NTL or say nah mate only joking?

9. peter_pan

peter_pan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I ordered a match once and then pulled out the phone line and then after the match turned off the box and put the phone line back in just see if I could get it for free. Never got a bill for it, but it probably was just a fluke. I am very bad person is that police sirens I hear.

10. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    Have you ordered anything since ? It's probable that if/when you do, it will add the match to the bill. Or if you change Sky boxes, and have to activate/pair the Sky card to the new box, they will find out then, because the PPV is stored on the card, not the box.

11. peter_pan

peter_pan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It was well over a year ago and I’ve had a new box and card since then. I think I ordered something ells from box office a few weeks later after that one and still didn’t get charged for the match. The box that I was using at the time was a bit dodgy as the cat had ****** on it, so it keeped crashing all the time.

12. wormvortex

wormvortex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +443
    I read about a thing u connect the phone line that tricks the box into thinking the line is busy so it lets u have the match then bills you later or tries to anyways. Though if u ever plugged the line back in you'd be billed the whole amount. I did read this on ebay though which is full of crap like this and the whole sky on your pc for 99p things

13. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    You don't need anything connected to the box - if you put a prefix of (say 4) in the dial-up settings, the box will never dial out, because it will always get wrong numbers. I think this is why Sky have brought in the requirement that the box must be able to dial out when a new card is activated, or an old card paired to a new box.

14. peter_pan

peter_pan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I may have been charged for the game but I never got a invoice though the post and may have just mist it on my bank statement. But I am sure that I never did get charged for it. I bet it was just sky that messed up and it wasn't any thing I did. just has BOB1 got charged for one he didn't watch, I didn't pay for one I did watch.