Charge him with assault or give him a medal?

I can't work out what they intend to investigate. The kid was trying to get away without paying, he should have chosen to leave the train when asked.

Whilst the guy took a risk as you don't know how people will react anymore, he did nothing wrong IMO.

Neither.
He just did what I'd do in the same scenario.
I'd just want to be on my way, I wouldn't seek praise.
To be honest, I think he shows restraint in not giving him a few digs on the way.
I'm more saddened by the woman saying "There's no need for that"
:rolleyes:

Neither.
He just did what I'd do in the same scenario.
I'd just want to be on my way, I wouldn't seek praise.
To be honest, I think he shows restraint in not giving him a few digs on the way.
I'm more saddened by the woman saying "There's no need for that"
:rolleyes:

Exactly. I'd be annoyed if I just wanted to get somewhere and some little git wouldn't get the message. Seems to be a lot of people filming every little incident these days though.

There's actually more to the story...

The poor kid had actually paid for his ticket to Dundee (I think!) but had missed his stop whilst sleeping.

There's actually more to the story...

The poor kid had actually paid for his ticket to Dundee (I think!) but had missed his stop whilst sleeping.

So he was trying to get back? If he fell asleep then that's his fault and should have bought another ticket. Simple.

I understand he did buy a ticket (and had used it to get through the barriers at the station) but was more than a bit drunk and didn't know what he had done with it.

Poor kid?
Why give sympathy to someone so abusive?:confused:
Mind you, if he is from/was going to Dundee, probably says it all.

Is it true Dundeeians are overly friendly with "heeland coos"? :confused:

As for post, there's always two sides...

I don't have too much of a problem that he was ejected from the train.

Doesn't matter if he's paid or not he couldn't produce a valid ticket for his journey. Not the conductors fault or the other passengers fault the situation was completely of his own making.

Neither , the guard should have radioed ahead to the next station and let the police deal with it instead of trying to wind up the other passengers .

Thread needs a poll :D

The fella asked the conductor if he wanted help to remove him, the conductor said yes. Fair play to him I think. I hate those little toe rags that think they're entitled to everything and sod anyone else.

Why bother trying to get back on the train? It's clear you're not going to be allowed. Good on the 'big fella' I reckon

I had a similar situation a few years ago and had a Mexican standoff with a drunken passenger on the train who was shouting abuse and swearing at a conductress. He had bought a ticket but had boarded the wrong train and would not believe her that he was heading in the opposite direction. I had had enough of him so told him to shut up. I didn't back down and although the train was packed with people including loads of blokes, no-one else said a peep. He got off at the next station and was met by BTP. I was more annoyed that the men on the train didn't say anything and left me to it. A few people thanked me but it wasn't the point.

Anyway, good on the guy for chucking the knob head off the train. If the police aren't there to sort it out, what's wrong with a member of the public stepping in? No-one got hurt other than that wee ned's ego.

"Mind you, if he is from/was going to Dundee, probably says it all."

I lived in Dundee for a couple of years back in the early eighties, could be a tough town at times and in certain areas, but no worse than anywhere else.
There's equally nasty areas in Glasgow, Aberdeen, Edinburgh, and equally nice.

Well done the 'big man'.

No way he should be prosecuted for helping to eject the idiot from the train.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing".

A hurrah for someone standing up to people who dont pay the way. A brave man. Could have ended badly but thanks it didnt. Dont think I could have done that. Hero

I lived in Dundee for a couple of years back in the early eighties, could be a tough town at times and in certain areas, but no worse than anywhere else.
There's equally nasty areas in Glasgow, Aberdeen, Edinburgh, and equally nice.

1 in 3 Dundonians live in areas of deprivation (official figures).
Per capita, it also has the second highest jail rate.
Glasgow is highest with 384 per 100000 population.
Dundee is next with 316 per 100000.
The national average is 182.

1 in 3 Dundonians live in areas of deprivation (official figures).
Per capita, it also has the second highest jail rate.
Glasgow is highest with 384 per 100000 population.
Dundee is next with 316 per 100000.
The national average is 182.

But that is of course, for a different thread ;)

I understand he did buy a ticket (and had used it to get through the barriers at the station) but was more than a bit drunk and didn't know what he had done with it.

He had a single ticket for travel in the opposite direction.

He claimed he had been advised when he caught the train that morning to buy two singles, as that would be cheaper, and had been given two singles in the same direction by mistake.
The second year students admitted he had been drinking after sitting an exam and said he was "half asleep" at the time, adding: "I did have a ticket but I must have handed over the wrong one to the conductor.

How can you hand over the wrong ticket if you have two identical tickets? Summat not right here...

There needs to be a check and balance in this kind of thing but yes, in this case they bug guy's actions seemed reasonable to me.

Thread needs a poll :D

The fella asked the conductor if he wanted help to remove him, the conductor said yes.

Very good point. :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom