1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chapters with Toshi RD-XS32

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Monza, Nov 17, 2004.

1. Monza

Monza

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

I'd like to buy the Toshiba RD-XS32 (really seems the perfect recorder), but I have a question about the chapters (and I can't find a clear answer in the manual that I've downloaded).

When you split up a title (recorded on the HD) in chapters (via chapter marks), there's a way to change the thumbnail for that chapter and to give a name to it. So far, so good... but when you dub the title to a DVD-R, are the chapters (and the name and the thumbnail) also copied to the disc or are those chapters gone?

There's also a way to have menu's on a DVD-R. When you copy a title (with chapters) to a DVD-R, are those chapters also accesible via the menu or are only the titles shown?

I really would like to know this, because it seems to me a very important feature (e.g. when you record a concert, it's always nice that you can access immediatly the different tracks/chapters)...

Tnx for the help!

2. SDHoward

SDHoward
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Yes they stay when you dub, and when you go to finalise you get some otptions about how the menues should be arainged.

I'm not sure if you keep them when you do a 'rate conversion' dub though, but they were definitly still there when I did a high speed dub.

3. monocrider

monocrider

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As SDH says, the chapters and thumbnails stay if you high speed dub, but if you rate convert dub then they deinately get lost (or at least they did when I tried it).

Just buy an RD-XS32 it's a great unit and you won't regret it ! :thumbsup:

4. Monza

Monza

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Tnx for your reactions! :thumbsup:
    When changing the bitrate, the chapters are lost (that's mentioned in the manual), but I wasn't sure that the chapters were kept when keeping the smae bitrate...

Tomorrow, I'm gonna look for a shop in Belgium where I can buy the recorder - I really want to have it!