Chaos Walking Movie Review & Comments

richp007

Distinguished Member
To be honest I think this has had disaster written all over it for a long time. I seem to remember a lot of "WTF"s after a bunch of us watched the trailer.

Will likely watch when it's free out of morbid curiosity, but on a side note the lovely Daisy needs to get herself involved with better projects than this.

VisionMan

Distinguished Member
Will/can someone please point me to the thread announcing the movie forum was going to split?
Sorry for being thick.

BrynTeg

Distinguished Member
4/10 in the Review all 4 for the Lovely Dog who acts everyone off the Screen ....
Which is why they maybe drowned the poor sod in the film
Horrible Film

SmAShY

I quite liked the books so was looking forward to this. I'll wait until it's free.

richp007

Distinguished Member
Kermode has just ripped it a new one. One of the worst sci-fi offerings he's seen apparently. I'm just sad the great Mads Mikkelsen is in it, I'd forgotten about that.

evangelion

I thought Play date Godzilla vs. Donkey Kong was bad last night.
But this, THIS, is a whole new level of utter diarrhoea.

So disapointed in Doug Liman after the wonderful Edge of Tomorrow.

Peew971

Stopped about a third into this movie, had enough. I know Tom Holland has hardcore supporters but he surely likes a stinker. I'm amazed at the "new Di Caprio" comments I've seen in some places.

mclingo

Distinguished Member
I think part of the problem with this was expectations, people were expecting a blockbuster SCI-FI but got an episode of Stargate, its a watchable 5 for me, 5 is my usual threshold, I simply wont watch a 4 usually but I like Daisy and Tom and I had a spare couple of hours so I thought that the hell.

Yeah there isnt much too it at all but I didnt find it that bad, it was a small movie with small intentions, worked on that level but got massively overhyped due to the stars that were in it.

hitman2411

Absolutely horrendous film, incoherent mess and that voicing over every thought became very tedious, very quickly. Not even the decent cast could save this one. How Doug Liman agreed / wanted to do this is beyond me, would be very worried about Edge of Tomo 2 if he wanted to go back to it now.

PassMeTheSalt

Standard Member
I went in with low expectations and thought it was OK. I was much more interested in this than Wonder Woman 1984 which somehow got a rating here of a 7! To be fair I haven't quite managed to finish WW84 because it was such a steaming pile of rubbish.

I was a bit disappointed that there were women elsewhere, I had thought maybe the noise might have been hostile to them. Also some explanation or back story to the noise would have been nice and some more interaction with the local lifeforms.

It's quite an interesting starting concept, might have a made a decent TV series.

MikeTheBike2010

Interesting comments about the other YA film series, I’d thought of Hunger Games as a complete success until you reminded me about the rushed conclusion. I’m wondering if studios forget that their target audiences grow up and so key demographic watching Hunger Games 1 at age 13 will actually be 19 or 20 by the time a 3rd or 4th film comes out? Harry Potter and Toy Story seem even more impressive now in hindsight?

Hampy1972

Distinguished Member
My 4 out of 10 is for the pooch, that's all I am saying.......... some big names in this this but fails on all levels. Agree with some, tv series could work but as a movie, it's already failed.....

Please don't make Edge of Tom 2, the first one is a decent movie!

mclingo

Distinguished Member
I still dont get why people this is so terrible, its just a small movie with some big actors, its not bad surely, its just not very good.

SmAShY

I went in with low expectations and thought it was OK. I was much more interested in this than Wonder Woman 1984 which somehow got a rating here of a 7! To be fair I haven't quite managed to finish WW84 because it was such a steaming pile of rubbish.

I was a bit disappointed that there were women elsewhere, I had thought maybe the noise might have been hostile to them. Also some explanation or back story to the noise would have been nice and some more interaction with the local lifeforms.

It's quite an interesting starting concept, might have a made a decent TV series.
Give the books a go as they answer all your questions. You could probably pick up all 3 for £5 at The Works.

dEUS77

Standard Member
This book it's not really memorable and also it's a difficult one to translate in film.
This two bad choices cannot result in a good movie.

mckee74

Distinguished Member
I enjoyed it. Won't be making any top ten lists, but found it enjoyable.

Sometimes wonder these days if folks are so keen to review films that they forget to enjoy things.

mclingo

Distinguished Member
I think that when a movie like this gets a such a bad review as it has, people only then see the bad and ignore the rest, its really not that bad at all, I watched it first, then read the review, there is much to agree with in the review but the score is too harsh.

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Samsung's 110-inch Micro LED TV on pre-order at Harrods
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Bang & Olufsen introduces Beosound Emerge speaker
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sony launches native 4K VPL-VW290ES and VW890ES projectors
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 14th April 2021