Chaos Walking (2021) directed by Doug Liman

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Lionsgate has set a March 1, 2019, release date for the science-fiction adventure “Chaos Walking,” starring Tom Holland and Daisy Ridley.

Doug Liman is directing while Allison Shearmur and Doug Davison are producers.

The screenplay will be written by Patrick Ness, Charlie Kaufman and John Lee Hancock.

The film is based on Patrick Ness’s “Chaos Walking: The Knife of Never Letting Go,” a book that was published in 2008 as the first in a trilogy. It is set in a dystopian world where all living creatures can hear each other’s thoughts.

The book is centered on the only boy in a town of men, who discovers something awful hidden from him and is forced to flee with only his dog. With the townspeople in pursuit, the duo then stumbles upon a strange and silent girl and set off on a white-knuckle journey in which the boy must unlearn everything he knows to figure out who he truly is.

chaos-walking-tom-holland-daisy-ridley.jpg

I see the release date has very much come and gone. Given how quiet things have gone on this front, I'm not sure we'll even get to this before the year's end. A shame as director Doug Liman can really deliver when firing on all cylinders - Edge Of Tomorrow, Swingers, The Bourne Identity

this seems to be pretty normal for a Doug Liman film. From what I've read over the years, most of them have had to be snatched from the jaws of defeat in post production with reshoots, complete re-edits and overhauls.
The end product's all that really matters at the end of the day, I guess, and if it's good everyone's happy, but he seems to be a director that really struggles to make a coherent film first time around. I like most of his films, though. He may have a hard time getting there but when it's all done and dusted his name's on some really good stuff.

no surprises there at all. I'd actually be surprised if he directed a film that didn't require extensive reworking in post production
At this rate, we’ll be seeing Edge Of Tomorrow 2 sometime in 2072. Might want to change that release date in the title to TBA :laugh:

Bet it'll turn out great, or it could be another Jumper, which wasn't that bad but not vintage Liman. Or it could be crap.

My guess it's one if those 3 choices.

Just happened across this film on IMDB and chuckled at the synopsis given the placeholder image where its poster should be. Hope they get it straight before release.

A dystopian world where there are no women and all living creatures can hear each others' thoughts in a stream of images, words, and sounds called Noise.

Literally a picture of Daisy Ridley standing next to Tom Holland. Maybe she's playing a trans character?

Will be released by Lionsgate on January 22, 2021 in U.S.

chaoswalking-1522976498108.jpg

Last edited:
Gotta say the premise has me intrigued, and by all accounts it sounds like it's something I'd enjoy.

Hopefully not a mess though when we finally do get it.

Dumped into January 2021 I think is the correct way to put it.

Sorry guys, just noticed the trailer's been pulled. Maybe it'll still be around after a bit of a search...

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom