1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Channels won't change on Grundig Sky digibox

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Barbara2001, Aug 1, 2005.

1. Barbara2001

Barbara2001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    I am stuck on Discovery Channel. Pressing the channel up and down on remote doesn't work. Likewise the channel numbers don't appear on screen when pressed on remote. The remote seems to be working as batteries are okay.

Is this a common fault? Is there a solution other than get a repair man or new box? Thank you in advance for any sensible suggestions.

2. jenic

jenic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +179
    Switch it off then on (at the plug), wait a minute and press 'sky' on the remote, i used to have a grundid box and i found myself doing this daily, if its less that 12 months old ring sky and make them exchange it for a different make.

3. Barbara2001

Barbara2001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Many thanks for the advice. I will try that. It is fairly reasuring to know that someone else has had the same problem. The box is just over a year old, so it will cost £65 or something like that to get a new one from Sky. I don't want to go that route yet, and I am desperate to be able to change the channel to 130 before it sticks again.