1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Channels keep locking

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Moosh, Oct 18, 2005.

1. Moosh

Moosh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +473
    Hi all

I've got a 505XDE and wanted to watch the 1 o'clock news on BBC 1 (digital). Everything was OK until about 5 minutes into the broadcast. The sound died and screen wasn't responding to the common commands on the remote contol i.e. channel up/down, volume up/down. However, the menu button and power functions were working.

Anyway, I switched the screen off using the remote and switched it back on but the channel was still locked with no sound.

Because the menu button was working I tried to retune it but got no retuning screen.

So, I then cycled the power by the mains, switched the screen on and everything was working until I switched to BBC 1! The channel locked but WITH sound?! Another oddity occured. If I switched the screen off the sound was still being piped through my amp. Therefore, I can hear BBC 1 with the screen being off!

Right, I cycled the power again, switched the screen on and tried a retune. It was scanning for channels but stops at 25% with 76 channels found.

Power cycle, once more and just as long as I don't try BBC 1 or a retune then everything is fine!

I know that the Freeview channels will be reordered - today I think.

Before I call AVLand to have them take a look. Does anyone here know what's happening or how to rectify this? :lease:

Cheers
    Moosh

2. Moosh

Moosh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +473
    I think I've fixed it. There were a couple of programmes that I had set the timer for. I've deleted those settings and it is now retuning (on the analogue part now).

Will say if it has been successful or not.

3. Moosh

Moosh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +473
    That fixed it and I've got the reordered channel listings too. :thumbsup:

4. Neil Fellows

Neil Fellows
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    How did you get it to re-tune? My 435XDE refuses to. When I had the same problem as you last night (yes, bbc1 was feeding sound to my amp with the screen off aswell!) my menu screen came up fine, but when I select DTV setup, it goes blank?

5. Moosh

Moosh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +473
    I switched it off at the mains, switched it back on and then powered the screen up. For some reason it went straight to ITV. That's when I checked the EPG to make sure that I didn't have any timers set, and then went to Auto Installation. The installation took a few minutes and when it was done, eveything worked again. As I said in the other thread, last night I experienced similar problems with the screen going black. I cycled the power and scanned for new software and then did an Auto Install.

Everything now works. :)

Moosh

PS: Tested again just now and it's still fine.

6. Neil Fellows

Neil Fellows
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    nice one, thanks for the info. I'll try the software update tonight and see if thats helps.