Channelling Sky+ through Sony DAV-S500

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by matthewjcox, Mar 13, 2005.

1. matthewjcox

matthewjcox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Wonder if you can help me.

I'm currently looking to purchase a plasma screen (probably without internal speakers) to go with my Sky+ box and DVD home cinema package (Sony DAV-S500).

My DVD player does not have scart sockets. I believe it has S-Video out from my basic understanding.

Q1. How do I get to channel audio from Sky+ to the plasma screen and its sound through the DVD speakers?

Q2. In the meantime, I have a Sony TV with two scart sockets. How do I use that TV to channel Sky+ audio to it and sound through the DVD player?

2. D.Coder

D.Coder
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Matthewjcox,

Welcome to the forum. To be honest I don't frequent it enough myself. However I may be able to help you out here as I have had a Sony DAVS800 and Sky+ for a few years now and I believe the connections are similar. I've also had a Panasonic Plasma without speakers for over 18 months. Here's my connections -

1. I have the Audio running from the Sky+ to the Sony using a standard Toslink optical lead for 5.1 sound (this came from Dixons in one of their sales, I think)
    2. I have the Sony connected via a Thor S-Video to Scart lead into a Quintro control box (this came with the plasma from AV Sales) and then to the Plasma scart board via a scart lead

Hope this helps and good luck with your plasma purchase. I'd definately recommend AV Sales!!! you can find them at www.av-sales.com

Regards

Ron