1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

channel problems

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by faysel, Nov 5, 2004.

1. faysel

faysel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just recently brought an old sony sky box (s760U) and I'm having a slight problem.
    When I select channels which are not on my package, I get amassage say ''this is the wrong cardd for this set top box''
    Do anbody have this same problem or know how to get rid of this.
    thank in advance.

2. tobyjuggler

tobyjuggler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    It's probably because the previous card used in the box enabled those channels. If you ring Sky they should be able to 'marry' your card to the new box for you.

3. faysel

faysel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thaks tobyjuggler, but do you think there is any other way for me to do this myself.
    I also own a Thomson box(which design wise looks crap) which is paired with my card.
    I dont want to call sky because I'm only 1 month into the contract and dont want them to know that I'm not using their box.

4. Timmy C

Timmy C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199
    I just bought a used Sony box and the same thing happened. I don't think Sky will mind which box your using as long as they're still getting your cash! As I understand it the box Sky install becomes your property once you've signed the contract so it's surely up to you if you don't want to use it. I can't be sure but there's no harm in phoning them to find out.