Channel Problems with Sagem Box

ollymoran

Standard Member
Hi,

I have had to pull out my old sagem PVR 7280T out of the closet and get it set back up for a few weeks due to my scaffolding blocking my satelite signal. When I plugged my box in i flicked through the channels and I had ITV Channel 4 4Music and more. I rescanned the box for the first time and it found just over 80 channels but It had lost ITV and channel 4! It had found ITV 3 and 4 but not ITV1 and channel 4 and channel 5. I would like the main channels at least. I then decided to do a factory reset then re-scan my box and this made it worse because I could then only pick up 60 channels! I then thought it must be the software that it has that is not updated. As there is no manual way to do this I remembered vaguely that the box updates during the night. Is this true and would this soft out my ITV1, channel 4 Problems. I can get channel 5 very clear on normal terestrial TV.

Whats going on??

Oliver

alan1572

what transmitter are you receiving from?

ollymoran

Standard Member
Crystal Palace, Dont get why I received ITV1 channel4 etc before I did a scan and now they are gone. The box has not had a software upgrade for few years.

alan1572

there are a few boxes that can't handle the upgrade due to the chipset they use, this is obviously only on older models, i know that this particular model is prone to be very loud in opperation but i don't know of any with a dodgy chipset, do you have another box to try?

ollymoran

Standard Member
i do if i can find the lead, but I have had that one for a few years too. if not might get a cheap box as only need it for 3-4 weeks cos my sky signal is blocked

alan1572

i do if i can find the lead, but I have had that one for a few years too. if not might get a cheap box as only need it for 3-4 weeks cos my sky signal is blocked

i'm told Argos are selling for around £14, the ones i install are normally from Asda for £22

ollymoran

Standard Member
Cheers! Bought one from asda it was £27 but wanted the one with twin scart. Looks funny though cos its quarter the size of sky + Found all the channels though! weird. Knew I could get them back somehow.

Thanks!

Oliver

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom