channel numbers for ITV/C4?

richard plumb

Hi

Just got my new Toshiba LCD installed on the wall. Freeview worked OK, but it hasn't found ITV and Channel 4. Don't know if its missed anything else, but the other three main channels are there.

I had a freeview box before that had problems with my aerial, and it isn't my main viewing (thats sky) but can anyone tell me how I find out what channel number ITV/C4 freeview are broadcast on? I can set this by manually tuning the TV to look for them. I'm assuming its asking for UHF channel numbers?

Rob100

Sounds like you are missing multiplex 2. I assume you are also missing amongst others ITV2 and E4? (E4+1 is on multiplex C, so don't let this confuse you...).

See http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/terrestrial/mux/ for the multiplex line-ups.

Could be your aerial, could be many things - what transmitter do you receive from? Multiplex 2 is one of the worst signals for me.

Rob.

Heinz

richard plumb said:
Hi

Just got my new Toshiba LCD installed on the wall. Freeview worked OK, but it hasn't found ITV and Channel 4. Don't know if its missed anything else, but the other three main channels are there.

I had a freeview box before that had problems with my aerial, and it isn't my main viewing (thats sky) but can anyone tell me how I find out what channel number ITV/C4 freeview are broadcast on? I can set this by manually tuning the TV to look for them. I'm assuming its asking for UHF channel numbers?
I assume you mean what UHF channel number are ITV1 and Channel 4 transmitted on IN ANALOGUE in your area. Or are you asking what UHF channel numbers DTT uses in your area?

In either case, we'd have to know where you are - the first 3 characters of your postcode will be sufficient.

richard plumb

apparantly I'm crystal palace (postcode SL4). Tried all four options (21, 22, 44, 61) and the TV is reporting no signal.

Still, its done a much better job in picking up some channels than my old ondigital box did. Seems I'll need an aerial tweak. How much is that likely to be? If its a lot I won't bother, but having the quality of freeview is a nice fall back to have.

Heinz

richard plumb said:
apparantly I'm crystal palace (postcode SL4). Tried all four options (21, 22, 44, 61) and the TV is reporting no signal.

Still, its done a much better job in picking up some channels than my old ondigital box did. Seems I'll need an aerial tweak. How much is that likely to be? If its a lot I won't bother, but having the quality of freeview is a nice fall back to have.
Analogue from Crystal Palace is on:

BBC1 - 26
BBC2 - 33
ITV1 - 23
Channel 4 - 30
five (Croydon) - 37

So I'm not surprised you found 'no signal' on channels 21, 22, 44 and 61.

If you did mean DTT, all 6 DTT multiplexes are transmitted from Crystal Palace at 20kW.

They are on UHF channels:

1 - 25
2 - 22
A - 32
B - 28
C - 34
D - 29

Trending threads

Top Bottom