• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Channel for RF2 magic eye

bpasunderland

Standard Member
Hi all,
Managed to switch power on for my magic eye and red led is lit. However I also have digital running through the same cable and I think this is interfering with sky on the 2nd tv.
On the sky box the channel is set to 68. Is this correct? and can anyone explain the channel numbers?

Stevenage Neil

Distinguished Member
You can change the Sky box's RF channel number between 21 and 69. Change it, (not forgetting to Save Settings), and re-tune your TV, for each change, until everything works fine.

Can I explain Channel numbers - Yes, but I don't have the time!! (Google UHF Channels)

Last edited:

Stevenage Neil

Distinguished Member
As Neil lives in Stevenage, not Sunderland, it's going to be difficult to guess.

When UHF, (625 line TV), was introduced regions were "banded" into frequency bands, (Remember when you bought a UHF aerial and it came in several "band" flavours?) Freeview, I believe, tended to stick quite closely with those bands.

If the OP is having trouble with 68 then 21 would seem, to me, to be a fairly safe bet.

(But there again, what do I know? - You will notice that a lot of my posts contain "presume", "likely" etc. :rolleyes:)

logiciel

which channel would you suggest?
Look for what channels you get BBC1, BBC2, ITV, C4, C5, on, and then choose something well away from them.
Or start at 21 and work your way up.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom