Channel 5 catch up problem

HC3742

Novice Member
Hi, over the last few days I have had problems with accessing channel 5 programmes via the Freeview Play scroll back feature in the TV guide.
When a program is selected I get an error code SS700- Access to this content has been regionally restricted by the app provider.
This happens on most programmes I select. I have contacted Channel 5 who say they do not recognise the error code and that the fault is not with them. I then contacted Manhattan, as it's a T3r and a T3 that I am using, and again they say it's not their problem. Finally I got in touch with Freeview who were very helpful but could not get to the bottom of the problem.
So I am asking has anyone else had or is having the same problem?
I have done all the usual thing such as unplugging unit, resetting wi-fi router, even done a factory reset on the T3 but the problem is still there.
Many thanks

Clem_Dye

Distinguished Member
Well, the error code gives the issue, so someone must know. It could be something to do with your network connection. Can you try another device?

MReed

Googling that error message only brings up this post. I reckon it is the My5 app that is generating the error.

MReed

I just googled a shorter bit of that error and found this--

So, the SS700 error message does look like it originated in the Manhattan but why it is affecting My5 is another question.

Kapkirk

I have been having this issue on my Panasonic TV, if I try the go back in time from the guide it doesn't work, if I go into the actual app it works just fine. still haven't worked out why. Done the code thing and linked my telly to CH5 , deleted all the old cookie and settings in the TV data section and enabled full access but it still wont work from the tv guide back in time.

HC3742

Novice Member
Thank you all for taking the time to reply.
I have tried using my main tv's Youview and this works fine when scrolling back and selecting a program to watch on channel 5.
I have noticed that on the Manhattan equipment if I go into the My5 app and choose the program it plays with no problem at all.
I did find an old thread about the same problem but involving ITV hub that was doing the same thing and giving the same error code for which Manhattan issued a software update. When I mentioned this to them I got a curt reply of " well this time it's not our fault " this is after first saying that they didn't recognise the error code.

HC3742

Novice Member
Sorry MReed I have just noticed that you linked to the thread that I mentioned.
Thank you for taking the time to do that.

HC3742

Novice Member
I have just been informed by a very helpful chap at Freeview that the problem has been tracked back to some work done by My5 on some of their systems and that the problem should have been rectified.
So you were right MReed it was the My5 app. Also hopefully your Panasonic tv should be working ok as well Kapkirk.
Also obviously I was too quick to blame Manhattan.

Kapkirk

Thanks for letting us know, will try again later tonight.

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom