Channel 5 B&W Dot

Garrett

Reaction score
Why Ch 5 got that B&W dot up in the right hand top corner, if it something to do with the equipment why is it only there when programs on but goes when the adverts appear. :confused: its been there since they had that fire.
Would not think its good for the TV screens causing screen burn.

My guess is something to do with Black History Month. I think the dot appeared at the start of October, I’d not noticed it before then.

Obviously not important enough to worry about upsetting their advertisers, so they remove it then.

There's an explanation in this thread.

Bri

My guess is something to do with Black History Month. I think the dot appeared at the start of October, I’d not noticed it before then.

Obviously not important enough to worry about upsetting their advertisers, so they remove it then.
:confused: Sarcasm aimed at Ch5? As in don't mind upsetting the viewers but dare not upset the advertisers.

:confused: Sarcasm aimed at Ch5? As in don't mind upsetting the viewers but dare not upset the advertisers.
Yep :D

Wonder if it is to do with the fault? Or if it is to do with Black History Month, presumably it’ll be gone in a couple of weeks.

Yep :D

Wonder if it is to do with the fault? Or if it is to do with Black History Month, presumably it’ll be gone in a couple of weeks.
No Bri link says Ch5 doing it because of the fire the other week and its showing been transmitted from some back up area.
Goodness knows why, it no use to us as we don't give a monkeys as long as we have less screen clutter, and surly the staff at Ch5 would already know.

I have Channel 4 on at the moment and there's no logo/dog. It's probably just a mistake but wouldn't be great if they'd come to their senses and decided to drop the damn thing permanently.

Bri

I have Channel 4 on at the moment and there's no logo/dog. It's probably just a mistake but wouldn't be great if they'd come to their senses and decided to drop the damn thing permanently.

Bri
I just put it on after reading above and pressed 104 and although it said Channel 4 on my box I did not know if it was channel 4 without that DOG.:rolleyes:

Joking apart this branding by DOG is codswallop, I know say I'm going to Watch Voyager that on the Horror Channel and for me ch68 if I switch on and there it is I know I'm on the right channel, but funny enough more or less across the channel they nearly always show adverts about the same time and don't have DOGS so how's that helping you find a station!

One last though has channel 4 sent there on screen graphics to Ch5.:)

The Channel 4 logo is still missing but only on the SD version. It's still there in HD.

Bri
Think I seen stations do that before have the logo on HD and not on SD and wondered if it was to do with copieing, although on HD can only be copied once.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom