Channel 5 +1

kjhskj75

In case anyone here doesn't know "Channel 5 +1" launches tomorrow on LCN 44. A placeholder is there already, so you can tune it now.

It's on the same multiplex (A/SDN) as ITV3, for those of you who prefer manual tuning.

pops107

Thanks for the heads up

creakymr2

Standard Member
Another wasted channel. Seriously, who watches channel 5? Let alone needing channel 5+ 1???

They should also cut back on some of the shopping and competition channels and give us another quality HD channel.

Gavtech

Administrator
They should also cut back on some of the shopping and competition channels and give us another quality HD channel.

Not possible unfortunately.
They could remove them all.... but HD broadcasts cannot go onto SD multiplexes.

grahamlthompson

In memoriam
Not possible unfortunately.
They could remove them all.... but HD broadcasts cannot go onto SD multiplexes.

Ignore me senior moment.

Thinking about it, any reason why a broacaster can't transmit a DVB-T HD channel given enough space on a multiplex ?. afaik DVB-T2 is compatible with a DVB-T mpeg4 1080i channel and lots of other TV's are as well.

Last edited:

kjhskj75

Ignore me senior moment.

Thinking about it, any reason why a broacaster can't transmit a DVB-T HD channel given enough space on a multiplex ?. afaik DVB-T2 is compatible with a DVB-T mpeg4 1080i channel and lots of other TV's are as well.

I believe in some places (Ireland ??) MPEG-4 streams are transmitted using DVB-T rather than DVB-T2.

And I seem to remember hearing of an MPEG-2 HD channel in Australia.

Gavtech

Administrator
Ignore me senior moment.

Of course theoretically such broadcasts could be done.. I was meaning: - just not in accordance with UK broadcasting standards.

Rodders53

Distinguished Member
If the schedulers didn't put on all the programmes we want to record to watch at the same time on the same night we'd have no need of +1s. But they do. So we do need them. (Unless we record them on our Freeview pvr as well as the freesat one ;)

So far we've never wanted to record five programmes simultaneously.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom