Channel 4's High Pitch tone

I noticed it during Clockwork Orange:rolleyes:

Good to read this thread actually - I was beginning to think it was my equipment (the horror)...

I noticed it in Teachers too.

I noticed it as well, and only on channel 4 through Sky!

BUT girlfriend sat next to me could not hear it!

I can hear it while channel hopping, don't watch much Ch4 but will now the crickets back on.

I have Netgem Freeview DVB-T box.

I noticed it on ER last night, Freeview C4, Pioneer STB.

Anyone who are employed by C4 that read this thread please report it to the right department.

Re girfriend, you not alone!

Not related to this particular problem. About a year ago I had to call C4's duty office because a programme had very thin, odd sound. Thinking it sounded like phase reversal I put the telly into mono, and lo and behold the sound dissappeared altogether! It WAS being transmitted out of phase. Needless to say the guy on the phone didn't have a clue what I was talking about. I did, however, ask him to pass the information on to an engineer. A couple of minutes later the sound miraculously got better!

It's not just C4 either. Quite often I'm watching a programme with an ongoing fault on it , thinking to myself is anyone actually monitoring the output?!

Don't know if related, but just to mention that I get a high pitched sound out of my TV quite occasionally, DVD or TV.

It goes away when I mess about with the scart socket at the back, but unfortunatly I cannot position it to stay away completely.

Will most likely just be my TV, but just thought I'd mention it.

Catching up with last three weeks TV, all three episodes of Teachers have the tone right through them not just either side of ad breaks, watching off Skyplus+.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom