1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Channel 4 Ultimate Films

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Garrett, Nov 28, 2004.

1. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,492
    I have been watching Channel 4 Ultimate films this was based on UK bums on seats rather than a poll there was a lot of suprises in there and than goodness a lot of old films. For list go here.

Some that surprised me were The Big Country at 71 whereas The Magnificent Seven is at 100.
    Moonraker which I think is one of the worst Bond films is higher placed than the rest bar Goldfinger, Thunderball, Die an Other Day and The Spy Who Loved Me.

2. Adrenochrome

Adrenochrome

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +207
    I Think there was always going to be a lot of old films in there as that was just about all there was for entertainment back in the "good old days" not that i remember them mind :nono:

Adrenochrome.

3. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,386
    When it came to the final four films I knew Star Wars would be in there and my sister thought Snow White would be there and my Dad kept on insisting The Sound of Music would be in there because of how popular it was when it was first released as they used to have bus trips near him to go see it lol

Have to admit though I had completely forgot about Gone with the Wind and was quite suprised it was Number 1.

4. Solomon Grundy

Solomon Grundy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,599
    Can't Gone With the Wind and Sound Of Music be banned from these top 100 lists because they are crap and ruin everything!!!???

5. electrolyte

electrolyte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,077
    Um, no, because this was a list of the 100 most popular films of all time not the best films of all time. Just because something is popular doesn't allways mean that it is good!

It has always annoyed me that hollywood insists on basing the popularity of a film on box office takings (ie $s made) rather than tickets sold. This nearly always means that the latest blockbuster will appear more successful than an older film. So really enjoyed seeing this list...