Channel 4 Satellite Problem?

I'm seeing it all the time on BBC channels mainly, but sometimes the others. I can't understand why it "suddenly" changed despite my signal strength and quality staying the same is it always has (80-90%). I assume the BBC break ups must be due to the satellite change, but from trawling the Forums it doesn't seem to be a common problem.
For example, I tried to record "Frequency" on BBC 1 the other night and it was constantly breaking up and unwatchable.

Simon

Originally posted by swarrans
I assume the BBC break ups must be due to the satellite change, but from trawling the Forums it doesn't seem to be a common problem.
For example, I tried to record "Frequency" on BBC 1 the other night and it was constantly breaking up and unwatchable.

Simon

What about all the other BBC1 channels/regions, are you getting breakup on those as well?

It started happening after the satellite change Starburst, but before all the regions were added, so I don't think it's connected. In answer to your question, no, I haven't tried the regions I've just been using 101, 102 etc. Is there any reason to suppose I might get better reception by changing region?

Simon

Well there were a lot of issues when the BBC moved to 2D mainly down to the fact that installers setup the minidish and tested it on the default transponder. The dish may be getting a strong signal from 2A but not from 2D which carries the BBC channels, a simple check and alteration of the alignment should cure this problem.

As to the other regions, well if your dish was fine and there was some local interference (DECT phone, radar detector etc) that may cause problems on 1 transponder but none of the others, selecting another BBC1 region may produce a good picture.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom