Channel 4 Satellite Problem?

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Johndm, Aug 19, 2003.

1. Johndm

Johndm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    Watching ' That'll Teach Em' on C4 $ky........

During this programme, there have been several picture freeze ups of about a second or so..:confused:

Advert breaks seem unaffected

Anyone else seeing this?

2. swarrans

swarrans
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm seeing it all the time on BBC channels mainly, but sometimes the others. I can't understand why it "suddenly" changed despite my signal strength and quality staying the same is it always has (80-90%). I assume the BBC break ups must be due to the satellite change, but from trawling the Forums it doesn't seem to be a common problem.
    For example, I tried to record "Frequency" on BBC 1 the other night and it was constantly breaking up and unwatchable.

Simon

3. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979

What about all the other BBC1 channels/regions, are you getting breakup on those as well?

4. swarrans

swarrans
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It started happening after the satellite change Starburst, but before all the regions were added, so I don't think it's connected. In answer to your question, no, I haven't tried the regions I've just been using 101, 102 etc. Is there any reason to suppose I might get better reception by changing region?

Simon

5. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    Well there were a lot of issues when the BBC moved to 2D mainly down to the fact that installers setup the minidish and tested it on the default transponder. The dish may be getting a strong signal from 2A but not from 2D which carries the BBC channels, a simple check and alteration of the alignment should cure this problem.

As to the other regions, well if your dish was fine and there was some local interference (DECT phone, radar detector etc) that may cause problems on 1 transponder but none of the others, selecting another BBC1 region may produce a good picture.