Channel 4 Problems

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by funkyspudz, Mar 27, 2006.

1. funkyspudz

funkyspudz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

This sounds strange, but i have a phillips combi dvd/vcr and an old panasonic 4:3 tv. I have a roof top ariel but no digibox attached, when i turn on the dvd/vcr combi, i lose channel 4's signal. I thought this was just a old t.v problem. But i have recently bought a new Phillips Lcd tv and i am still getting the same problem. Anyone got any ideas please?

2. Delh68

Delh68

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    Could the vcr/combo be configured to be on the same frequency as Chnl 4? ~ Do u have the vcr/dvd combi connected to the tv via RF(co-ax) rather than SCART only?
    Can u watch channel 4 on the vcr tuner, even when you've lost it via the tv?.
    If the tv doesn't have scart, i'd guess u would need to retune your vcr/dvd combi away from the chnl 4 freq. in your area, assuming u can?

hth
    Delh68

3. funkyspudz

funkyspudz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you for your advice

The TV is connected to the dvd/vcr combi by both the RF and the scart. Do i only need the scart to watch the t.v. then? would this be whats causing a conflict?
    I am not sure about whether it works via the video channels, i shall look. If i have to retune the vcr/combi how do i do this?

4. Delh68

Delh68

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    To retune, i would guess somewhere in the setup menu of the combi box it will hopefully offer manual tuning of RF, if it's really old it may have a little dial that can be adjusted with a little screwdriver on the back of the combi (but i doubt it's THAT old).

If u have the ariel plugged in to the vcr, i think u can get away with connecting the combi to the tv just via Scart, but then u would only be able watch normal tv via the vcr combi (this would need to be on).

Your best option is to get in to your combi setup menu, & retune it away from your transmitter, any value should do, as i assume u watch dvd's/videos via scart anyway? ~ Do u know what the values are for your tv stations?? ~ if u do, just select a value for your combi box at least a couple of no.'s away from your range.
    (my transmitter is Sutton Coldfield, & my channel appear between 36 & 60 i think, so i would select 34 or lower, or 62 or higher if i was inputting a value)

hth
    Delh68

5. JayCee

JayCee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,570
    What's the Philips DVD-VCR Model no?