channel 4 on sky+ copy protected

K

karen51

:hiya: Newbie here with flat head (from banging agianst wall!)
My sky+ box on channel 4 is copy protecting all programmes. I cannot transfer to my dvd recorder previously sky+ programmes or new ones direct through sky on this channel. All other channels are ok and i can record channel 4 direct onto dvd recorder just not through sky. Any advice would be helpful as son has filled up sky+ with simpsons.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
I believe I saw somewhere in the forum if the recorded progs in the Sky+ planner are set to "Keep" this prevents them from being copied.

K

karen51

Thanks but they are not set to keep. Also can't record live programmes to my dvd recorder through channel 4. Could understand if it was a premium channel but not CH4. Any advice welcome

Starburst

Distinguished Member
Copy protection pops up every now and again for DVDR users via SKY+ scart output and CH4 is more often than not one of the main channels that is the culprit.
Not sure if there has ever been a full resolution apart from the copy control flag being activated by mistake (as the macrovision one was in the early days) but a reboot may help.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Thanks but they are not set to keep. Also can't record live programmes to my dvd recorder through channel 4. Could understand if it was a premium channel but not CH4. Any advice welcome

I think there is a known problem with Pioneer DVDRs...if it's a Pioneer DVDR you have posting in the DVD Recorder forum may through up a few answers.

K

karen51

tried to reboot but to no avail but thanks Does this problem usually right itself in time?

JayCee

Distinguished Member
tried to reboot but to no avail but thanks Does this problem usually right itself in time?

Unlikely...I suggest you post a new thread in the DVD Recorders forum giving the make and model of your DVDR if you want to get some helpful replies.

mseabroo

I think there is a known problem with Pioneer DVDRs...if it's a Pioneer DVDR you have posting in the DVD Recorder forum may through up a few answers.

There is a new firmware version for Pioneer players that fix's the issues with copy protection kicking in when it should not. At least for the latest generation of recorders.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom