Channel 4 HD and Other HD Channels W7 ?

evolution400

Hi Guys I use Windows 7 Media Center for all my TV so far I have:-
BBC HD
BBC One HD
ITV HD

Are there any others available like C4HD by manual tuning maybe I have done scan fro all frequences but the above is all I get.
Anyone else with Windows 7 Media Center appreciate your input.
It took a while before we got ITV-HD after they made it full channel so wondering if its the same case now.
Thanks in advance.

Mr_Fantastic

There is also NHK HD and 3 ITV/STV HD channels available with both 1440 and 1920 resolutions.

evolution400

I did not realise it was DVB-S2 my card is DVB-S2 but I am unsure if W7 supports DVB-S2.
I will give the manual tune a go.

Stiggy

Distinguished Member
I did not realise it was DVB-S2 my card is DVB-S2 but I am unsure if W7 supports DVB-S2.
I will give the manual tune a go.
Yes, Windows 7 does support DVB-S2. However, if you are using the Hauppauge Nova-HD-S2 you will need a utility downloadable from the Hauppauge forums to make it work.

I have Channel 4 HD working with that card.

evolution400

Yes, Windows 7 does support DVB-S2. However, if you are using the Hauppauge Nova-HD-S2 you will need a utility downloadable from the Hauppauge forums to make it work.

I have Channel 4 HD working with that card.
Thanks a lot Stiggy I will get this setup tonight I thought it wasn't possible without a tweak like the ITV-HD issue we had :)

Stiggy

Distinguished Member
Thanks a lot Stiggy I will get this setup tonight I thought it wasn't possible without a tweak like the ITV-HD issue we had :)
I got your PM but somehow managed to then lose it!

I've not had any problems after installing the patch from Hauppauge. Once it is in place you could do a complete rescan, although you have to sort out all the junk channels afterwards.

I'm actually replacing my HTPC this week, so I will have to go through the entire process again myself.

evolution400

I got your PM but somehow managed to then lose it!

I've not had any problems after installing the patch from Hauppauge. Once it is in place you could do a complete rescan, although you have to sort out all the junk channels afterwards.

I'm actually replacing my HTPC this week, so I will have to go through the entire process again myself.
OK thanks for Input heres what happend with me.
I installed drivers rebooted then ran patch rebooted then ran scan it crashed closing WMC when I went back in it I could not view any freesat channels said tuner not available or busy so I setup the TV again then did full transponder scan and got all channels but BBC 1,2,3 and 4, Cbeebies were not working. So I found BBC 1 and 2 wales further down the list swapped them and BBC 4 and also Cbeebies but could not find another 3 so I guess I have gained C4HD but lost 3. When I select the channel I get no signal or channel off air.

Stiggy

Distinguished Member
OK thanks for Input heres what happend with me.
I installed drivers rebooted then ran patch rebooted then ran scan it crashed closing WMC when I went back in it I could not view any freesat channels said tuner not available or busy so I setup the TV again then did full transponder scan and got all channels but BBC 1,2,3 and 4, Cbeebies were not working. So I found BBC 1 and 2 wales further down the list swapped them and BBC 4 and also Cbeebies but could not find another 3 so I guess I have gained C4HD but lost 3. When I select the channel I get no signal or channel off air.
I just followed the instructions here:
Patch to add DVB-S2 support on HVR-4000 / Nova-HD-S2 in Windows 7 Media Center - Hauppauge UK Forum (User -> User Support)

Maybe the tool has been updated since I used it, but I had no problems at all. I don't understand why it would affect BBC channels as they are on different transponders to C4HD. :confused:

evolution400

I just followed the instructions here:
Patch to add DVB-S2 support on HVR-4000 / Nova-HD-S2 in Windows 7 Media Center - Hauppauge UK Forum (User -> User Support)

Maybe the tool has been updated since I used it, but I had no problems at all. I don't understand why it would affect BBC channels as they are on different transponders to C4HD. :confused:
I did get some message saying there were som registry keys already there so maybe the tool has been modified since you used it.
But its strange that it kills the ones in 101, 102 etc the the lower ones in lik 1200 were fine.
Anyway I have a freeview dual tuner so I have bbc three there and now 4HD on freesat so I am good for now.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom