Channel 4 do good with The Wind And The Lion

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Rambo John J, Aug 19, 2002.

1. Rambo John J

Rambo John J
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,007
    Blimey, usually heavily censored in the UK for it's large amount of "horse tripping" stunts, Channel 4 actually aired John Milius's The Wind And The Lion completely uncut yesterday afternoon, and not only that, it was widescreen (albeit zoomed to 1.78) and nicely remastered from a pristine print. The audio remixed to surround from mono well too.
    Guess who forgot to tape it:rolleyes:
    Still, hopefully Columbia Tristar will see their way to releasing it on region 1 before too long. I always thought Sean Connery made a great Morrocan pirate....even if he did let the accent slip from the word go:D

2. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,861
    Hi Rambo,

C4 aren't too bad when it comes to showing uncut, non-UK approved versions of films on TV.

They also aired the original uncut version of "The Abyss" when it first aired on TV, including the infamous "rat-breathing-oxygenated-water" sequence. However, they got a rather big fine for doing so by the ITC (Independant Television Commission) and have since always aired the cut BBFC-approved version.

They have also shown "Trainspotting" uncut, but have then been b*ll*cked by the ITC again, and have now had to start showing the BBFC-cut version!

I'm hoping that when FilmFour shows "The Gospel According To Saint Matthew" in September, that the late-night screening will be uncut, and the censored version shown in the daytime. However, I doubt it somehow.

Pooch