Question Channel 19 and 25 keep beaking up.

Brian L

Standard Member
My Freeview Channel 19 and 25 keep beaking up and when I try to get them back I find that I am pointed towards DVD and wonder if it should be AVD. I then attempt a manual re-tune but am unable to find "19" at all.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
If you live in S England read the other post about not retuning today.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
At the moment it’s 2 threads down from this one and is entitled “Do not retune at the moment”
There’s also news about Freeview on tonight’s BBC News website.

TJT1

All sorts of people ranting about LOS and starting conspiracy theories (LOL) instead of just accepting that 'it happens'. They are probably not old enough to remember the 'ghosting' and 'fading' and those 'bl**** French channels again' not to mention passing aeroplanes that happened fairly often in the 'good old' analogue days.
Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on your acceptance of poor PQ, to which we used to be far more tolerant), digitally modulated TV only suffers from that sort of thing when it gets bad and then the error correction falls off the cliff and the TV pretty much refuses to 'work' at all on one or more Mpx's.

grahamlthompson

Distinguished Member
Brian L is located near Abingdon Oxfordshire. By the way want does "CCI" mean?
Co Channel Interference. A distant transmitter using the same UHF frequency as yours normally out of range is receivable due to high air pressure extending it's range so that it interferes with your signal.

Rodders53

19-Yesterday is COM6 (aka ARQ B) multiplex and 25-Home is on PSB2 (aka D3&4) multiplex so many other channels will also be affected (including 3-ITV, 4-C4, 5-C5 in standard definition).

Abingdon area viewers may use Oxford (BBC Oxford sub-opt news, Meridian ITV), Crystal Palace (BBC London news, ITV London) or Hannington (BBC Southampton news, Meridian ITV).

A reception prediction for a post office near Abingdon would suggest Oxford should not be affected by the weather yesterday, while CP in particular would be more susceptible... although not especially so for the PSB2 mux even so! But the prediction will be different for the OP's exact location (click on change address to get an accurate one).

Brian L

Standard Member
Many years ago when I was playing soldiers I was a signaller so I have a rather basic understanding of wireless technology and guess that the reason all the other channels are not troubled is because they use different frequencies.
I suppose that the only answer is to elect President Crump as our leader. He would sort the matter out by zapping the troublesome transmitter.

TJT1

Or he could call it "Fake news":rotfl:
If it was/is caused by CCI, then it would depend on whether the remote interfering transmitter(s) was(were) transmitting on all or only some/one of your local transmitter frequencies.

Top Bottom