Changing upgraded Amstrad to Samsung / Pace box - endian issues?

Darren P

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am currently having problems with my Amstrad HD box. It has a WD 1TB disk in it, but also had this problem (less frequently) before I upgraded it. It is now getting a lot worse.

Anyway, I have read that Sky are tending to supply Samsung boxes at the moment. My question is what will I have to do to my 1TB disk to be able to put it into the Samsung box?? I believe the Samsung and Amstrad boxes run different versions of 'endian' (big / small), so I assume I will have to create an image of my disk in Copy+ and then transfer it back to the disk under the new version??

All help appreciated !!

Thanks a lot.

Darren

Hi all,

I believe the Samsung and Amstrad boxes run different versions of 'endian' (big / small), so I assume I will have to create an image of my disk in Copy+ and then transfer it back to the disk under the new version??

All help appreciated !!

Thanks a lot.

Darren

I'd say that you've pretty much answered your own question here mate. This looks right to me, but you also need to put the drive back to its original as new state. Can't remember what Copy+ said on this point, but I'm sure it's in the guide.

Can anyone help??

Go to Copy+ website and read through instructions (details on exactly that on site).

I have new Amstrad and had to change ''endian'' version.

Best way to find out which endian to use is put your existing working small capacity HDD in caddy and view endian type in copy+ software.
Note this down (think for Amstrad its small endian but please check).

This becomes source disc so when you select the destination HDD you can make it the same endian as your working source.

Hope this helps

All done now guys, thanks a lot for your help.

Converted the drive using Copy+ and then just slotted it into the replacement (Pace) box. Worked straight away.

Thanks again.

Darren

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom