Changing to sim only deal with same network (Vodafone)

Forzafan

Hi there i am with vodafone and my contract is up in a couple of weeks it was phone and sim for £26 pm but to save money and not being that impressed with any of the latest phones i now want sim only. i want to stick with vodafone as their coverage has been good where i am but the deals on their website are rubbish compared to getting a new 12 month sim through a 3rd party website. (its around £10 a month cheaper) does anyone know if i can i port my number from vodafone to vodafone? i want to keep my number but save the extra cash for a year. has anyone done this? thanks in advance

Steven

Senior Moderator
As far as I know you still have to port your number to another network before then taking out the Vodafone contract from the third party website. Interested whether anyone has avoided this, for any network...

Vodafone recently had offers that expired 31 March 2021 so today's offers are different. Have you tried Vodafone online chat for a retention deal?

What are you after anyway? I see Vodafone has an unlimited data 12 month SIM only deal for £20 p/m. Might have gone for that with hindsight, but I committed to a 30gb £15p/m deal last month... But a fiver is still a fiver saving

Forzafan

As far as I know you still have to port your number to another network before then taking out the Vodafone contract from the third party website. Interested whether anyone has avoided this, for any network...

Vodafone recently had offers that expired 31 March 2021 so today's offers are different. Have you tried Vodafone online chat for a retention deal?

What are you after anyway? I see Vodafone has an unlimited data 12 month SIM only deal for £20 p/m. Might have gone for that with hindsight, but I committed to a 30gb £15p/m deal last month... But a fiver is still a fiver saving
thank you i only need 4 or 5gb as mostly on wifi so i was looking to spend maybe £6 to £8 p/m? Would those who piggyback off the coverage be just as fast/reliable as vodafone? as changing twice seems like a massive faff!! I didnt realsie you could talk to vodafone chat so will try them first i think.

aidey6

You will have to go PAYG first, then you will be able to switch to the cheaper price plan option

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sony A90J Thoughts, madVR Processor & Sonus faber Lumina II Reviews + Movie & TV roundup
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom