Changing the Sub output to the two Main speakers

sacd

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have an a yamaha AX1 with no sub (I did try an eltax thunder 10 but took it back). My player (a Pioneer 747) has no bass managment. I can increase or decrease the sub output +/- 6db but it does not redirect the sub channel to the two mains if there is no sub.
So here goes......can I split the sub channel out and then manually add that to the signal for the two mains using the analogue interconnects?
Would it work?
Would I kill anything in trying it.

It's just that on many of my sacd disks the Bass is directed to the sub which tends to mean no sub no bass!!

Help anyone?:confused:

is there not an option to have the bass sent to either sub, sub and mains or mains only? I could swear my old yammy A5 could do that.....

ad

You're right it can do that, but only when using internal processing.
I'm talking about the 6 channel input, and just like the yammy A5 (i used to have one) any speaker setting you make does not affect the 6 channel input. I wish it did!.

ah right..... sorry i missed that point! I dont know of any way which you could do what you ask im afraid. Im a bit surprised though that your dvd player doesnt have anything to help, my panny for instance allows configuration of the analogue outputs.

ad

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom