Changing the sound on a Smart TV

Fiesta Red

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm on a bit of a journey at the minute with my LG Smart TV (43UK6470PLC) and today with help from this forum I got a set of Bluetooth headphones that have completely changed the sound of the TV. I've been using a tinny TV listener for the last few months, so anything would be a big improvement.

At the minute the voices are not coming through loud enough, I'm mainly getting more of the background music than I want and turning up the volume for the voices increases the background to a level that's painful to the ears. Is it possible with any of the sound settings to improve or change this at all please? The headphones come with their own app which, when I get it set up, will allow me to play around but as I've never used EQ before I'm not sure what I should be doing.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

What sound setting is configured on the TV at the moment?

What sound setting is configured on the TV at the moment?
Everything is set to Standard at the minute. More or less as the set came I believe.

Try using the Clear Voice option

Thanks for the help. I'll give it a try. Is it worth making any adjustments in the EQ settings at all?

Not until you've tried the clear voice tuning first I think if you haven't already changed the eq type settings

I've changed to Clear Voice III and it is a little better but still get a lot of background music.

While Bluetooth is selected (headphones) I cannot changed any sound settings on the TV as they are all greyed out. I have to cancel Bluetooth before I can make any changes.

Have you made sure the audio is set to stereo - dialogue is usually mainly from centre speaker so stereo for headphones would probably help

Have you made sure the audio is set to stereo - dialogue is usually mainly from centre speaker so stereo for headphones would probably help
That's a setting I've not been able to find. I'll go and search for it again, thanks for the help.

I've looked on the sound settings menu but can't see anything that mentions "Stereo". Is it likely to be called something else at all please?

Had a look at the online info and couldn't find it either...

Will try my cheapo Bluetooth earphones out tonight and see how I get on

Brilliant, thanks for all the help. Really appreciated.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom