Changing the iphone screen

boylucifer

I have done a load of screen replacements now, at least 5 (I think it's actually 6) for my Mrs, and a few for friends.

In general I have found the black screens that are widely available on eBay to be fine and are plenty responsive, and the one whit one I have bought was screen and frame, in this case we found the frame to be absolutely fine, but the frame was rubbish (button didn't work, and the speaker was terribly low quality).

My only concern about them is that as the people who have them replaced keep breaking them, I wonder if the screens are less durable, although it could be that once someone discovers it can be replaced for a few pounds they become less careful.

The only other thing I would say is that a couple of parts of the swap are really fiddly, and there does seem to be a limit to how often the phone copes with being opened up. Also you need to be a touch careful when removing the LCD from the frame as putting too much force onto the LCD may damage it.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom