1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changing the 'Initial input' for Panasonic TH-42pv500 ?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by cvonken, Aug 8, 2005.

1. cvonken

cvonken

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I've got a Panasonic TH-42pv500 (may 2005) with a VGA input.
    When I turn my plasma on, it always starts with the cable input (analog) which I do not have. I must always press the 'TV/AV' button on the remote to switch to 'PC' input.

I found a webpage (http://www.glaucobruzzi.com/plasma-faq/forumdisplay.php?f=16) where I saw a hidden menu called 'options' (for engineers) which had the property 'initial input' that could be set to 'PC'.
    However, the key sequence provided (select OSD language, hold surround key) does not work on my plasma. Also the service 1 and 2 menu (which work ok) do not provide an initial input option.

Can anyone help me on this? Is the 'options menu' available on my model? :confused:
    Thanks.

Cyril

2. Korum

Korum

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +676
    That menu isn't on the PV500.You can go into setup menu and set AV as the power on preference but it's got limited use.It'll only switch to the AV channel if the piece of equipement is already on (ie sky box left on) and it has auto switching.So you can't auto switch to the PC input.

Unless some hidden menu's start to appear during the PV500's life you'll just have to keep pressing the TV/AV button and using those bloody coloured buttons.It's an awful way to select AV inputs isn't it considering the front of the TV has a button that just flicks through them all-Why didn't they put this on the remote as well.

3. cvonken

cvonken

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was already afraid that you was going to say the menu did not exist... :(
    Thanks Korum, for providing me with a quick answer.

4. Korum

Korum

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +676
    I'm not saying it doesn't exist, It's a very new product and I'm hoping some advanced menu's will appear in the future as the service menu's on this plasma are pathetic.I personally want some overscan options which are not on the service menu's.

5. RayB

RayB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just got me one of these Panny's yesterday (at last :clap: ) and its great. My last TV was a 7 year old Sony Rear Projector. On that I had the AV inputs set up as channel numbers eg channel 6 was DVD on RGB scart 1 and so on. Can you not do this on the Panny??

I was hoping to make Sky+ on RGB scart "channel 6" and the DVD on Component "channel 7". Is this possible or has progress over the last 7 years made things more complicated.

Hope this makes sense!!