Changing Sky "wallpaper" ??

shane515

Novice Member
Hello all

Had a few glasses of red last night (few too many:D )and was flicking thro the sky channels. When I turned on the TV today and select the TV Guide, the normal blue background is now a screen shot of an advert :confused: :confused: .....does anyone know how to put this back to the normal....so at least I can put a better picture than the one I have currently....

thanks for any help
Shane

CrispyToast

Novice Member
I am in the same boat, Got a football crowd picture as my wallpaper. I think a reset or power down might solve it.
Maybe it just happens to us Hammers fans, 3-1 good start to the season.
Cheers

shane515

Novice Member
hello
thanks for the reply (yes it is good start for the mighty WHUFC:thumbsup: ). I have attached some photos to show my sky tv guide 'wallpaper'..the ones with no planner info are just caught before the page loads!!!....just wish it had caught a decent picture :eek: :eek:

Have done the power down option and its still the same....bit worried about a re-build....my luck deems it would die on me!!!!
Shane

Attachments

Liquid101

Distinguished Member
The exact same thing happened to me within the first week of using it. But I had a full screen pic of Marge Simpson for my background. I tried everything to get rid of it, nothing seemed to work. I thought it was a feature!

Anyway, it disspeared after a few days - I've tried to recreate it on several occasions, but no luck.

L

lcarus

It's a shame you can't specify a backdrop - come on sky - sort out this acheingly old menu!

CrispyToast

Novice Member
Mine has now gone back to normal, but I did'nt do anything special. At most I left it on stand by for a few hours.
I was watching a recording of TOT v BOL when it happened and this is now deleted off my Sky box so maybe that did it.

brendan_dj

Novice Member
shane515 said:
....my luck deems it would die on me!!!!
Shane
Its all part of a healthy diet and lifestyle.

C

chachi

CrispyToast said:
I was watching a recording of TOT v BOL when it happened and this is now deleted off my Sky box so maybe that did it.
That's it ... the box was reacting to having a Spurs match on its HD. Seriously though, had this a few times since the latest s/w

shane515

Novice Member
Just had Sky engineer round (for something completely different), and his face was a picture when he saw it. Before he could speak I said, "Dont ask, I dont know how I did it" he said it was the first time he seen it changed !!!!

I HAVE to know now, so I can get a decent picture on there, Im getting to like the different wallpaper :rotfl: :clap:

shane

indianwells

Liquid101 said:
The exact same thing happened to me within the first week of using it. But I had a full screen pic of Marge Simpson for my background. I tried everything to get rid of it, nothing seemed to work. I thought it was a feature!

Anyway, it disspeared after a few days - I've tried to recreate it on several occasions, but no luck.
:D

laurie_h

Standard Member
shane515 said:
Hello all

Had a few glasses of red last night (few too many:D )and was flicking thro the sky channels. When I turned on the TV today and select the TV Guide, the normal blue background is now a screen shot of an advert :confused: :confused: .....does anyone know how to put this back to the normal....so at least I can put a better picture than the one I have currently....

thanks for any help
Shane
I had a football pitch as a background. I managed to get the normal background restored by selecting "Sky Active". On exiting it restored things to normal.

Laurie

jon smith

laurie_h said:
I had a football pitch as a background. I managed to get the normal background restored by selecting "Sky Active". On exiting it restored things to normal.

Laurie
Tried this and it works... Thankyou very much :thumbsup:

shane515

Novice Member
thanks for all replies but.....im going to leave it :rotfl: , I have got used to it now...its different :eek: !!

Shane

almightygoodgod

God I love these forums, come on here and within 30 seconds had the answer to my problem and the sky box sorted. Was getting seriously worried that I would be stick with a shot of Holby City as my background!

cyoung

Novice Member
thanks for all replies but.....im going to leave it :rotfl: , I have got used to it now...its different :eek: !!

Shane
I like the way your background has "As part of a healthy diet and lifestyle" as the bottom of the screen! It's like a Sky disclaimer, or perhaps a new advertising slogan! :rotfl:

avinitski

Novice Member
anyone know how to get the background picture in place? i think its a great idea, should be implemented as an update.

Sborrone

Novice Member
Ditto : I want a change and that damn music!:devil: