Changing Sky Digital receivers

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by garyward, Jun 14, 2004.

1. garyward

garyward

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Changed my Pace for a Panasonic DSB30 receiver on the suggestion of this forum. I cant seem to get my card paired to the new (second hand) Panasonic receiver. I am in Souther Spain so dont want to pester Sky too much but I gave them my new receiver serial and version number but cannot receive Sky channels. All the free stuff works fine. Does this pairing of card and receiver happen by telephone or part of the transmission signal. Also does the EPG software version have any bearing? Can I enter the viewing card number or is this part of the software? Could it be that as I am in a weak reception area the card number signal is not being picked up. Or am I maikng this too complicated?

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    There are two ways to marry a smartcard to a digibox, one is to ring SKY and they send a signal to the box and the second is to do a New Installation which gets the box to call SKY for an automated response. However since the new issue of FTV cards I do not know if this works anymore plus being in Spain won't help with the phone call:)

As long as you can see the defualt transponder which is on 2A then you will have no trouble getting any activation signal when you finally get it sent.

3. DaveP

DaveP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There can be problems if you haven't got the latest software. Last time I swapped a box I had to upgrade in order to get the card to work.

Dave