1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changing Sky card BBC Region?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by HDPete, Jul 16, 2004.

1. HDPete

HDPete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Hi all,

I've just brought a new sky box from ebay, and it came with the sky card. I've put the card in my old digibox (out of interest to see what subs it carries) and to my amazement, it seems to have the same sky package that I've got (20 quid a month - family pack I think it's called)

I get the same channel line up in the box that the card is tied to as well - so result! :thumbsup:

But, how can I change the BBC region that the new card is assigned to? I'm in the South UK, and the card is picking up BBC Grampian.

I've tried sky, but they say their system doesn't have any record of the card number, and that it may have been issued by Fullers? who have now gone bust. They suggested I called the BBC to get it activated, but I fear that I'll loose the 'extra bonus subs' of the card.

Can anyone tell me how I can best get the card reissued to my postcode, preferably without alerting anyone of the ongoing subs??

Thanks,
    Pete

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    Now that does surprise me, I am amazed that there are NDS supplied SKY smartcards which carry subscription packages and have not been issued by SKY.
    Anyone know who Fullers were?

Not sure the BBC will have any interest in a card they didn't supply, they only provided a smallish number of series 2 FTV cards and I don't believe they would be upgraded to a subscription card, SKY would have issued a new card direct to the subscriber. Same goes for a card issued under the £23.50 deal last dec/jan time.

Perhaps you should accept 101 isn't your BBC region and use the alternative region, worked for me since I used BBC london to avoid the white line that was on my assigned BBC1 on channel 101,
    Wonder why anyone would sell a digibox with a card which had an active sub, seems a little strange unless it was dosgy of course:)

3. stuartam_81

stuartam_81
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    try channel 954, if you rearly want bbc 1 south.

best regards