changing sim

Swinkid

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I brought a sim-free iphone 4s streight from apple, say i move service providers, am i able to just switch the sim? i read somewhere that this is not the case and that the phone locks to the sim you put inin the first place?

Cheers,
Alex

Well the phone locks if you buy a phone on contract and/or if you get a warranty replacement for that phone than it will lock.

An originally purchased SIM free iphone remains unlocked, I had no issue when I switched from o2 to T-Mobile

Last edited:
Well the phone locks if you buy a phone on contract and/or if you get a warranty replacement for that phone than it will unlock.

An originally purchased SIM free iphone remains unlocked, I had no issue when I switched from o2 to T-Mobile

Thank you, just when my contract runs out im either going to stay with orange (if they offer me decent ****) or move to o2 or somewhere. :3 Or even go to carphone wearhouse where you can get a crap phone but get a good present like xbox or whatever, then just get a microsim for it. :3

Thank you, just when my contract runs out im either going to stay with orange (if they offer me decent ****) or move to o2 or somewhere. :3 Or even go to carphone wearhouse where you can get a crap phone but get a good present like xbox or whatever, then just get a microsim for it. :3

btw, with that quote meant a warranty replacement for a locked phone gets locked

anyway, when your contract ends, you're better getting a SIM only contract, better value

btw, with that quote meant a warranty replacement for a locked phone gets locked

anyway, when your contract ends, you're better getting a SIM only contract, better value

The phones streight from apple, the contract is technicly sim free, got it from carphone warehouse and the phone wasn't locked. So yeah, my iphones completly unlocked? Apart from the jailbraking, obviously.

If it's bought from Apple and SIM free, It''l work anywhere, I've used 5 different Sims in 5 different countries, with no problem.;)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom