1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

changing receiver from sony to?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by adox, Nov 22, 2002.

Tags:
  1. adox

adox
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i currently own a sony str de475 receiver and am not really happy with the sound quality for music. i use it probably 60/40 for music/films. for two channel music it is running through a pair of mission m 73`s.
    i am thinking of changing the receiver to a different brand. unfortunately my budget doesnt stretch too far, about £200 to £250.
    so far in consideration are the yamaha rx-v430rds and the marantz sr4300. any opinions on these as i don`t know too much about them, just snippets from browsing the web?
    also with the budget i have can i expect to get an improvement over the sony. i am open to suggestions.
    extra`s like dpl2 etc. would be nice but not essential. sound quality is the most important thing to me and the sony just isn`t hacking it.
    any suggestions?

thanks

2. Nobber22

Nobber22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    If you are willing to forego PLII for a bit, then why not keep the Sony & get a good stereo amp from Rotel or NAD, etc which will vastly improve your music listening without losing 5.1 DD?

Any AV amp around £250 is still gonna be less than you expect for stereo use :( I had to go up to Arcam AVR200 before I was happy with music with my M73's.