1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changing orientation on a Barco 701s

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Messiah, Oct 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    Hi all

I reecently purchased a barco 701s which had been ceiling mounted. I was hoping to install mine this way but have an RSJ right smack in the way of where it needs to go to give the required image size (Oh for a zoom feature as on my old LCD pj :( ).

I am therefore gonna have to go floor mounted (coffee table or similar) and so nmeed to change the orientation. I have downloaded both the installation and owners manuals for it but can find no reference to this other than a screen which tells you which way it is currently set (I guess this means it is a menu choice). Can anyone please advise how I make this change.

TIA

2. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Read the installation manual carfully again it will explain where the jumpers are .
    It's in the section called Installation set up. You will need to rotate all nine .

Spaces still available on the CRT school on the 10th/11th Nov.

3. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    Thanks Roland. Apologies but just realised that the Installation manual downloaded from crtcinema.com is actually the owners manual. Despite the link saying it is the Installation Manual pdf they do not appear to have that one so am looking elsewhere to find it.

Thanks again.

4. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Nice site but full of mistakes

Here's what to do.

Pull the power cord out

Open the peojector and remove the top cover.
    undo the two retaining bolts so that you can open the cover the holds all the circuit boards.
    Looking at the underside of that board you will see three large heatsinks running the whole length of the circuits.
    Locate the middle one.
    Very close to the heatsink you will see six white plugs about an inch square with red blue and I think pink wires attached. The top three do the horizontal sacn the bottom three the vertical.
    Pull the plugs and turn them 180 degrees. make sure they go back properly or you could fry that tube.

Now turn to the convergence connectors these will be to the right of the 6 your have just done. They are in the certre of the dirvver board same size about an inch square but with smaller wires. turn these through 180 degrees too.

Plug the projector back in an check that all is ok.

Go to the service menu and delete all blocks then set all settings to mid possition and start your installation.

5. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    Thanks Roland. Appreciated. Keen to know where your forthcoming 'CRT for Newbies' :D is to be held as would be very interested in attending either day if places left. I'm in Cardiff so depends on travelling.

Thanks again.

6. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Reading Berkshire places still left on Sunday 10th

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.