Changing Orange UK Carrier Logo (A Step Closer)

basslover89

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, i don't even know if it's possible yet (And if it is, i would love to know how, i have been trying to figure it out for days, with no luck, yet)

Below are some posts by me on another forum, i did write them myself and i'm not taking credit for someone else's work. I would reword it all, but it's 7:13am and i am way too tired for that, lol.

Me said:
I have been through AppData >> Roaming >> Apple Computer >> iTunes >> iPhone Carrier Support, there's a file called Orange_uk.ipcc. I opened it in notepad, and it states the carrier details, the .png's and a load of binary code like the carrier files inside the iPhone. I think that's what I need to edit somehow. It's a .ipcc file, I have no clue how to get into it or edit the files inside. I'm wondering if it's anything like a .zip archive.

Edit: I have renamed it to .zip and I can extract it! All the files are inside :D now I just need to wait for my Internet to get working and try it out!

Me said:
Hi, I'm on my phone so it's hard to explain, but here goes...

Once I rename orange_uk.ipcc, there's a folder inside called "Payloads" Inside this folder is another folder called "Orange_uk.bundle" and inside there is:

carrier.plist
Default_CARRIER_Orange-UK.png
FSO_Carrier_Orange-UK.png
Info.plist
version.plist

I replaced the two .png files with my own, zipped up the archive and renamed it to "orange_uk.ipcc"

Now, I'm not sure what to do from here. I have resynced my iPhone with iTunes, resprang, turned my phone off and back on, but there's no luck, "Orange" just stays there, no custom logo!

That's what i have at the moment, it may be new info but i have found NOTHING on it at all, and it took me a while to figure it out. (I had no internet access on my PC at the time)

I think i'm getting closer to solving it. I have the Default and FSO images of the logo i want to use, and i have all the relevant files.

I also found out that...

All the carrier files are stored in:

/System/Library/Carrier Bundles

But, There is no "Orange UK" bundle in there, i found that the "Orange UK" bundle is actually stored on it's own in:

/private/var/mobile/Library/Carrier Bundles

Maybe this info is a step closer to figuring out how to change the Orange UK carrier logo on the iPhone? Has it already been done? If so, how? I would love to know. If it hasn't, i hope someone can do something with what i have posted so far.

In the making of this, i replaced the wrong Info.plist file, forgot to backup, and basically destroyed my springboard lol. With no internet access on my PC, i managed to find what i needed on Safari, copy it, open up Jaadu VNC, paste it into an open notepad onto my PC, save it and SSH it over lol. So much hassle, so remember, always back up your stuff if you're messing around with it, especially system files! :thumbsup:

I can't get my orange carrier logo to change either! :(

I've tried what Maxamus said in the screen shot thread and replaced it every where else I could find it but didnt work.

Also under /private/var/mobile/Library/Carrier Bundles the png has 'UK' in it, but my default logo does not display this, only 'Orange'.

Aaargh....

I can't get my orange carrier logo to change either! :(

I've tried what Maxamus said in the screen shot thread and replaced it every where else I could find it but didnt work.

Also under /private/var/mobile/Library/Carrier Bundles the png has 'UK' in it, but my default logo does not display this, only 'Orange'.

Aaargh....

Yeah, a lot of people are having trouble with it too.

Where's the suggestion that Maxamus made? I wouldn't mind checking it out!

Drop the images into Unknown.bundle.
That works on mine anyway...

EDIT: Just seen the reply lol!

Are you on Orange UK contract for the iPhone? If so, did that definately work?

I have tried dropping the files into unknown.bundle but still no luck, "Orange" displays there!

Are you on Orange UK contract for the iPhone? If so, did that definately work?

I have tried dropping the files into unknown.bundle but still no luck, "Orange" displays there!

I'm with Orange UK BUT, I don't have an iPhone tariff, I have a regular contract tariff and my 3GS is unclocked (use to be O2).

Dont know if that makes any difference.

Did you update the carrier settings in iTunes? I haven't. Maybe that has something to do with it...?

I'm with Orange UK BUT, I don't have an iPhone tariff, I have a regular contract tariff and my 3GS is unclocked (use to be O2).

Dont know if that makes any difference.

Did you update the carrier settings in iTunes? I haven't. Maybe that has something to do with it...?

Oh i see, yeah i did update the carrier settings in iTunes, as i got it brand new from Orange as an upgrade. I think that was my only option when registering my phone.

A lot of people are having this problem though, i have tried everything and looked through the whole phone for the appropriate carrier bundles, but no luck as of yet :thumbsdow

When you opened unknown.bundle, was the orange_uk bundle in there already? As none of the folders contain orange_uk, except from the one i posted in the original post, and even then replacing the files and editing carrier.plist doesn't work! :(

Oh i see, yeah i did update the carrier settings in iTunes, as i got it brand new from Orange as an upgrade. I think that was my only option when registering my phone.

A lot of people are having this problem though, i have tried everything and looked through the whole phone for the appropriate carrier bundles, but no luck as of yet :thumbsdow

When you opened unknown.bundle, was the orange_uk bundle in there already? As none of the folders contain orange_uk, except from the one i posted in the original post, and even then replacing the files and editing carrier.plist doesn't work! :(

Maybe the carrier update has hidden or put the relevant files in another location??

I know with the carrier update the network internet/mms settings are no longer available so maybe the update has done it for the carrier also? This is why i have not updated.

Yes, the Default_CARRIER_Orange and FSO_CARRIER_Orange files were already in the unknown.bundle folder for me.

I really do think that the Orange carrier update in iTunes may have altered your files and removed them from the unknown folder to another one.

I tired unzipping the orrange uk ipcc file copying a custom logo and zipping back up and renaming to .ipcc but no luck.

using the attached carrier logo, I'm gonna try downloading a custom carrier ipcc and edit that with orange details see were I get, I don't think I'll be updating to official carrier settings again as I like this logo.

Attachments

• Default_CARRIER_Orange-UK.png
    Default_CARRIER_Orange-UK.png
    3.4 KB · Views: 2,305
It's taken me an age to work this out! I don't know if anyone else has any other solutions, but this is what i did.

I noticed, that the Orange UK.png in the unknown.bundle, thanks to previous posts. was a link to the carrier bundle Orange_pl.bundle, so i simply went into there and replaced both FSO and Default files.

1. Navigate to /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/Orange_pl.bundle
2. Rename FSO_CARRIER_Orange.png to FSO_CARRIER_Orange.png.bak
3. Rename Default_CARRIER_Orange.png to Default_CARRIER_Orange.png.bak
(Those are the backups)
4. Drop your Orange.png file into the folder
5. Duplicate it
6. Rename one of the new Orange.png files, Default_CARRIER_Orange.png
7. Rename the other FSO_CARRIER_Orange.png

Apologies if this has already been solved but this is the way I did it, just thought i'd share!

Just FYI: iPhone 2G, running 3.1.2, unofficial Orange contract.

Last edited:
Well, i only updated carrier settings in iTunes and now lost my custom logos and now cant find for the life of me where the files are kept!!
Tried the method in the above post, Orange PL folder but it has no affect)

Damn, shouldnt have updated carrier settings :facepalm:

Well, i only updated carrier settings in iTunes and now lost my custom logos and now cant find for the life of me where the files are kept!!
Tried the method in the above post, Orange PL folder but it has no affect)

Damn, shouldnt have updated carrier settings :facepalm:

Navigate to the unkown.bundle directory, look for the Orange UK.png image, it's a link. Find where it points to, in my case it was Orange.pl perhaps it's different on yours? WinSCP will show you the link if you right click the image and select properties.

This method hasn't worked for me (3GS running 3.1.2) ....perhaps my icon doesn't reside in the unknown.pl folder....i use iPhoneBrowser and it doesn't tell me where the Orange.png link in the unknown bundle folder points to...how can i find out?

I will reply to my last post, as somebody kindly clarified this for me.

A i have Orange carrier settings 5.1, the above method doesn't work! In fact I understand nobody has worked out how to do it yet.

I like 'UK Carriers' from Cydia, supports O2, Voda and Orange and puts in a small logo. Might suit you until you find how to alter the carrier logo yourself.

Hi all... 1st ever post here but i thought id share somthing with u... :D

I have an iphone 3G S and i am on the Orange network in the uk which is on a contract and yesterday i was trying to figure out how to change my carrier logo... After loads of messing about, looking at posts like these and replacing files over SSH i managed to fluke a way into doing it..

Like the post above u need to replace ur png files (Default_CARRIER_Orange.png & FSO_CARRIER_Orange.png) in the /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/Orange_pl.bundle folder

But this on its own doesn't do anything for me???

So u need to go into cydia/rock and download either FakeCarrier or Make it Mine (might be spelt MakeItMine)

Now in one of those app's after u have replaced the png files in the Orange_pl.bundle folder... type Orange (exactly how I've typed it with the capital "O") and press "Set" or "Carrier" leave the app and after a couple of secs it should show ur custom png :) :D

Hope this helps... and sorry if it don't make sense im crap at explaining things!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom