• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Changing number mid contract

dts_boy

A strange one but hear me out:
I bought myself an iphone earlier this year but recently my work phone has been upgraded to an iPhone also. As my wife has been itching to get an iPhone for a while i was thinking is there anyway i can give her my iphone and contract but keep hold of my number (as i have has same number for 10yrs now).
I have an old Blackberry torch i was planning on using, i appreciate i will need to get a new SIM or contract for it..
I don't know if i am being stupid, could i just take the sim out and use it in the Blackberry (appreciate i will need a Sim expander thingy) or is the sim locked for iPhone use only?
Will call orange in the morning but does anyone know if this can be done - or is there an easier way to achieve what i want?

Jay Z

Just get yourself a adapter which you can put your micro sim into and place that in the phone of your choice and you should be good to go.

However just make sure if you're going to Blackberry- that your network provider activate Blackberry Internet Service so that you can use the app store, BBM and other stuff.

It doesn't matter how many phones you change to, you can easily sell off the phone you originally got on contract and then use the phone you want.

Does she use a lot of minutes? Otherwise just get her a GiffGaff sim, you can also get a micro sim and get £5 free credit after £10 goodybag purchase. Just gotta buy the sim from an affiliate on their community forums.

If the iPhone is unlocked to use on any network, then you're not obliged to stick to the phone.

You cannot change a number mid contract as that line is still active. For the number to be ported to another network, you need to be out of contract and for the network to provide the PAC code.

I hope this helps man.

Regards,

Jay

dts_boy

That's what i suspected really.
Not only did i get advice, but advce from my fave rapper - who knew Jay Z knows so much about mobile phone contracts! :D

Jay Z

dts_boy said:
That's what i suspected really.
Not only did i get advice, but advce from my fave rapper - who knew Jay Z knows so much about mobile phone contracts! :D

Haha there is a story behind the name!!! ;)

Yeah there is no point in getting new contacts if it's not needed.

It's surprising the amount of money that can be saved by just being on a simple giffgaff pay as you go rather than expensive contacts where you gotta watch allowances, data usage and make sure you don't get hit on data usage if you go over.

Jay

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom