Changing Nat type on ps4

Fat_Tony

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would anyone on here happen to know how to do this? I'm stuck at Nat type 3, possibly due to my satellite broadband. Ive read it's possible to change this but had no luck so far after doing the out forwarding and ensure Upnp was enabled.

I'm not great with this sort of thing, even if it's possible it would be great to confirm either way so I could stop wasting time on it

Thanks

If you can access your router admin page. Try putting the ip your ps4 uses into the DMZ.

You may want to give your ps4 a static address as well so it doesnt just suddenly move. You can normally make a reservation in your router settings so certain devices (identified by mac address) are assigned a paticular address.

If you google dmz and your router manufacturer sure you will find a guide.

If you struggle let me know and i can try and go in to more detail.

I should also point out that in theory putting ur ps4 in a dmz is "risky". It opens your ps4 to all traffic. This is why its a gud way to change nat type.

I have done it before and know lots of people who have/do without any problems. Its different than putting a PC in there as they have lots of viruses out there and hackers looking to exploit security vulnerabilities.

Thanks, I've now learnt that my satellite broadband has a 650 ping (I didn't know what ping was until yesterday) so I think even on Nat 2 it might be simply not up to the task.

Ill try the above though, it does me good to get a better understanding of how to do things in the router settings.

Thanks again

Oh right when you said satellite broadband. I thought you were talking about sky.

650 ping isnt going to be great for online gaming. I suspect you will experience lag.

Give it a go though see how you get on. Good luck.

I've recently got a mobile dongle that works a bit better, it's not especially fast but gets me Nat 2 with about 45 ping. Its cheap enough so my best available option. The downside to living in the middle of nowhere :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom