1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changing mp3's on HD5

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by reuvenbrom, Aug 31, 2005.

1. reuvenbrom

reuvenbrom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I have lots of mp3's on my HD5 and I want to reorganize all the 'Genre' information of my music without having to change them one by one in Sonicstage.

Does anyone know of a way to highlight tracks directly on the HD5 and change the Genre information for all the highlighted tracks?

2. Sasso

Sasso

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not that I know of. You can't even change a whole album at a time, that is really pathetic. You'd just have to do it in your library and then transfer all the tracks again.

3. IanPM

IanPM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Sorry, I mis-read the question a bit, this does require that you transfer back from your library.

Say you go into "your library" in Sonic Stage, and select a bunch of tracks, right click on them and choose "properties".

You will then be able to change the Genre information, and the album name too if you want. From what I can tell this will work on any playlist so getting tracks together should be easy.

Word of warning, what this is doing is changing the ID3 tag. In order to do this change, SS will copy the MP3 and create new tag info. But this will take a while. So don't do hundreds of tracks at once, just do a few until you work out how your system handles it!