changing LABEL INPUTS change processing?

p1dg1n

Prominent Member
Reaction score
ive been told that if you change the LABEL INPUTS on your LG that it will change how it handles the signal.. is this correct?

I have LG 32LG5700 1080p TV and nothing happens at all when i change my SKY+HD on HDMI label to any other....

ive been told that if you change the LABEL INPUTS on your LG that it will change how it handles the signal.. is this correct?

I have LG 32LG5700 1080p TV and nothing happens at all when i change my SKY+HD on HDMI label to any other....

Only if you change the input to PC.

nope - it doesnt do this for the LG5000 series - ive tried it with ALL labels... it doesnt change the icon either... it DOES highlight the label/icon when a device is connected and turned on but nothing happens to picture when i change label to PC....

is this a fault with my TV...? ( LG 32LG5700 )

it seems to be for higher spec models only

EDIT: just tried on my Upscaling DVD player and it did change when put on PC... dunno if any better though
it doesnt do anything with my satellite sky box though - perhaps i could try the HDMI port that DVD is on

also - all it does is BLUR the image slightly which makes it look worse??
it also changes it from JUST-SCAN to 16:9 but seems to have 1:1 Pixel Mapping... so under PC 16:9 means 1:1 , you can only choose that or 4:3 under PC....

well, at least now i know my TV will support the media centre i plan to build hehe - i heard these LGs have problems with PC via HDMI

Last edited:
Do you know what it changes ? I've done this and I have seen an improvement in depth of colour and clarity.

after playing with it this is what i think it does...

it only works if the input is PROGRESSIVE hence it wont do anything on my SKY+HD on 1080i but would on 720p....

it thinks you have a PC connected to TV so it gives you 1:1 Pixel Mapping in 16:9 mode (press select on your TV remote and it will say on screen 1080x1920 / 50hz - rather the usual 1080p/50hz...
It disable some of the picture settings so you cant change sharpness/noise reduction etc etc - it seems to add filter over picture which actually blurs it...

Ive tried it on my DVD player at 1080p and SKY+HD at 720p and it just seems to dull the image in my opinion - makes it greyer and slightly blurrier - only slight...

so i seem to get better picture on JUST SCAN (which also gives 1:1 mapping) but its not as dull and blurry AND i can change the settings

this mode should only be used for PC/Media centres only... unless you have a model of TV which has faults/errors and PC mode makes the pciture better - like the 7000 model

anyway ONTOPIC: i watched LORD OF THE RINGS on my DVD Player upscaled to 1080p/50hz and I got NO stutter/flicker on panning shots - or on 1080i/50hz... this would leave me to think its possibly the SKY+HD box/broadcast that has poor motion/de-interlacing

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom