1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changing inputs on Denon remote??

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by sarll, Jan 26, 2005.

Tags:
  1. sarll

sarll

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +128
    Hi

Forgive my ignorance but i'm having a nightmare changing inputs via the supplied denon remote control for my new AVR-2805.

I have a phillips pronto and need to learn the command for changing the amps input to TV, DVD etc.

Now I would've thought just pressing TV (or any other input CD, DVD etc) on the remote would change the input over, but it does not. The instructions don't seem to help at all either. I've tried pressing the AMP button first (as this seemed to help on previous receivers i've owned) but it makes no difference.

Anyone able to help me???

:suicide:

2. anotherdavid

anotherdavid
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    you'll find a few other posts here on the same topicwhich give a fair indication of what a poorly designed remote it is, combined witht a poorly written manual.

To select the input on the amp, you need to press the yellow keys - the input is written above each yellow key in tiny little writing

The clear "main" keys are device keys, and allow you to control the device itself, if you've learned functions to it, or the remotes' pre-set codes work for you

3. sarll

sarll

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +128
    Ok thanks, I'll try it again when I get home. I'm sure I pressed every bl@@dy button on the thing though!!

4. anotherdavid

anotherdavid
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    press the Amp button first (tells the remote what device you are wanting to control) and then the appropriate yellow button (sets the input) and you should be right