changing heads in photos

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by lucien762, Nov 10, 2004.

1. lucien762

lucien762

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ok i want to put my head on an other persons body but i want to do a good job . what would i need to do it and what would i need to do ?

2. seany

seany
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Get photoshop for a start or post the picture here and one of us will do it for you

3. tomson

tomson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +186
    Aye photoshop is the tool for the job. Make sure both photos have similar lighting and are shot from the same sort of angle and it'll make life a lot easier.

Years ago I had to comp an image of Cherie Blair and a few of her cronies for a newspaper - it was done from a few pictures, just had to take all the smiling faces and merge them into one final image.

4. melliott1963

melliott1963

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I did a similar thing just the other week using Serif's PhotoPlus 9 (a lot lot cheaper than Photoshop!). I had a trial copy of Photoshop and tried for ages before giving up. With PhotoPlus, I was able to do this, including slightly resizing and rotating the heads to get them to look right, in about 15 minutes.

5. sorbiegunner

sorbiegunner
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    This is a big problem with photoshop. I think I would be safe in saying that there will be nothing you can do in Serif that you cant do in photoshop whils't ther are millions of things you can do in photoshop that you cant do in serif. The problem is photoshop assume you know what your doing and let you get on with it, there is not a lot of wizard type features. And it's miles better in that respect now (CS) than it was in v.5.
    It's still the best tool for the job though.

6. Centurion

Centurion

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    if you use photoshop use the lasso tool with a feather of around 3-5 then use the hue/saturation and colour tools to match up with the original