Question Changing HDMI inputs on Samsung q90r soundbar with Alexa

chrisbriton

Standard Member
Struggling to figure out the best setup here any help is much appreciated.

current setup is: 2019 fire tv cube & sky HD box > hdmi 1&2 on soundbar

soundbar hdmi out > HDMI 1 in on Epson tw9400w wireless video transmitter.

I’m trying To set up as much control as possible with Alexa that’s native in the fire tv cube using its unbuilt and remote ir blasters.
I can’t seem to get Alexa to chance between the two HDMI sources on the soundbar witch is the main feature I’m hoping for.
so far i can alexa to switch everything on and off independently and adjust volume.
After running through Alexa equipment set up on the fire tv cube if I ask it to put sky tv on (soundbar hdmi 1) it either changes to the projectors HDMI 1 channel (the unused wired input) or selects the “av speakers” source on the soundbar.
Along with the fire tv cubes own setup I’ve downloaded SmartThings and Alexa apps and taught it the Samsung wireless audio skill to see what control I can get over the soundbar ,
I think this has confused things (and me) so no idea what’s happening now but still no joy and I’m left with a fistful of remote controls .

The wireless video transmitter has multiple hdmi inputs and and hdmi out so the soundbar could be setup to just handle the audio as an option.

Any ideas welcome on the best way to optimise this setup.
As is, the soundbar recognises Atmos input and passes through UHD films from Netflix on the fire TV cube, really happy with its performance just hoping to get Alexa working properly.
Cheers

next010

Distinguished Member
Only thing I can think of is if using voice control with IR blasters you might want HDMI-CEC functions disabled on the FireTV and Epson, same as if you were using a Logitech harmony IR remote as the systems may clash.

Presumably there is a way to erase the alexa skills and start from scratch if need be.

chrisbriton

Standard Member
Only thing I can think of is if using voice control with IR blasters you might want HDMI-CEC functions disabled on the FireTV and Epson, same as if you were using a Logitech harmony IR remote as the systems may clash.

Presumably there is a way to erase the alexa skills and start from scratch if need be.
thanks will give this a try 👍

Top Bottom