1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changing geometry on sony 28ls35, looks complicated?????

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by BuyingATV, Oct 28, 2002.

1. BuyingATV

BuyingATV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok got a sony 28ls35 the other day was very pleased till i noticed that the top 3 or 4inch are bent to the left and i cant take my eyes off it. Been reading these forums and have managed to open up the service menu (why don't they put this in the manual along with details on how to fiddle them if geometry is such a problem?).

For those who don't know press,

Put in stand by mode
    press i button
    press 5
    press volume up
    press tv button twice (one under the red button)

Anyway i opened up the menu and no was way am I fiddling with them but I want to set it right, can I reset them to defualt if i mess em up, I cant see a reset option. Is it possible to get sony o guide you through it, do sony have a free phone number or atleast a national rate number and not a 50p min line for this matter?

If sony can't guide me through it are there any websites with info on how to do it?

Also is this problem of bendy lines common on all new widescreens, noticed alot of people complaing about it for my TV.

Thanks

2. SILVERBACK

SILVERBACK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    my advice mate is to write down the settings on the on paper so if you do mess up bigtime you can correct them an get a engineer or swap to get it sorted ;)

3. BuyingATV

BuyingATV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I mean its not good enough to spend 500quid on a tv and not have anywhere near stright lines, can sony send out an engineer, i know their customer service is very good, will they go this far?

4. SILVERBACK

SILVERBACK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    i know what your saying mate but believe me you could spend 2 grand on a tv an still not get perfectly straight lines.if it is as bad as you say i dont think the srevice menu you will do you any good get an engineer on it ;)

5. BuyingATV

BuyingATV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    will sony pay for it yes, do i ring sony or my supplier? cant imagien my supplier doing anything only a small internet firm.

thanks

6. SILVERBACK

SILVERBACK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    if its still in warranty mate they have no option but to fix or replace it so you might aswell give them a call but dont mention you been in the service menu.

7. bakerrev

bakerrev
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    BuyingATV - if you don't mind me asking, what was the best deal you got for the LS35? Am looking at the moment for one and RGB are coming up the best at £499. Did you find any better?
    Thanks

8. BuyingATV

BuyingATV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Only got it on friday so ill ring em up.

I got mine at www.prcdirect.co.uk for £460 + £35 p&p with Cabinent look on kelkoo theres a place doing it for £490 inc p&p as well, wasn't there when i ordered mine. I really like the set but im annoyed that its not right, hope i can get it to be less noticable. Im a perfectionist but i think even someone who's not too bothered would notice it pretty fast.