Changing from V2 to V1 sky+ box, what do i lose?

buns

Ex Member
Reaction score
Im thinking about changing my V2 sky+ box for a V1 to allow it to be modified at a later date. As far as I can find, the only differences are external and perhaps a quieter drive in the V2. Does that sound right? Would i notice any changes in use in changing?

And is it easy to get sky to activate my viewing card on a different box? Will they cause me problems?

many thanks

Ad

Both the V1 and the V2 should have the same fluid bearing drives so noise levels should to the average user by identical.
The very early V1's had ball bearing drives but they were replaced under warranty within a few weeks after launch back in 2001.

Operation wise there is no practical difference especially the PQ issue has been fixed in the V2 box:)

Marrying an existing smartcard to a new SKY+ is not a problem, ring SKY tell them what you want give them the serial numbers and they will do the rest.

thats great thanks Starburst.

What is the PQ issue that you mention that was on the V1 but fixed on V2?

ad

there was a soft focus problem on the v2 but was sorted out in a firmware update a few weeks back

Originally posted by buns
thats great thanks Starburst.

What is the PQ issue that you mention that was on the V1 but fixed on V2?

ad

As jmack says there was a soft focus issue on some PACE version 2 boxes that wasn't there on the version 1 boxes or the latest Amstrad SKY+. This PQ problem was fixed with the last software update a few weeks back although not every version 2 owner experienced this fault.

oh right, thats great thanks. So i can do the swap without any worries!

ad

Buns you rascal, you're going for an SDI mod.

Let us know how you get on.

:D dont you worry I will! Just have to get myself a firm swap for my V2 box!

ad

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom